• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Wiltshire MTO

dpw

Reaction score
beautiful shoe, beautiful photos!

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jimmyoneill
Love these shoes, could really do with some steel tips myself, as that always seems to be the area that goes first on my shoes.

Can anyone give me some advice there?

Your local cobbler should be able to sort you out. These ones are obviously fitted to the exact shape of the sole. Retrofitted ones are limited to just the very tip of the shoes as your cobbler won't have the exact shape.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That shouldn't matter, as a decent cobbler should be able to attach them and then grind them down, which is what was done here.

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the Espresso in the Warwick. After 7 months of wear...its taking a slight red hue to it

You're shoes are beautiful

I'm glad you're shoes were made timely

Come January, I anticipate 12 new classic models but both Tony and Dean are tight lipped as to what the designs will look like

Maybe by X-mas I'll have some more goodies

r_fine

Reaction score
Congratulations on a beautiful pair of shoes - and some nice, graphic pictures.

But you are an evil man, because this was the push needed to make me look into trying my own first pair of MTO.

To compound my misery, Dean G turned out to be extremely helpful on style/colour combinations as well as sizing, so all hopes that I would not feel confident going through with it were dashed.

Damn you all.

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by r_fine
Congratulations on a beautiful pair of shoes - and some nice, graphic pictures.

But you are an evil man, because this was the push needed to make me look into trying my own first pair of MTO.

To compound my misery, Dean G turned out to be extremely helpful on style/colour combinations as well as sizing, so all hopes that I would not feel confident going through with it were dashed.

Damn you all.

Good luck with it. Dean is a very helpful gentlemen. But you know, that is half the fun with MTO, especially if you hit it off with the person.

I had great experiences with Dean as well as Stefano Bemer and his brother. It really puts a soul in the product.

Gaz

r_fine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gazman70k
Good luck with it. Dean is a very helpful gentlemen. But you know, that is half the fun with MTO, especially if you hit it off with the person.

I had great experiences with Dean as well as Stefano Bemer and his brother. It really puts a soul in the product.

Gaz

Thanks. I know. There is no way out
smile.gif
And of course I look forward to it.

jamaican

Reaction score
Great choice of shoe Gazman. Inspires further to get an analine leather inmy MTO collection. J

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
I don't think that's a chip on the welt,...

It's a chip. But it can be "polished" out easily.

Originally Posted by NoVaguy
I think that's where one end of the welt meets the other end as it goes around the shoe.

No...

toe plates@grim

That shouldn't matter, as a decent cobbler should be able to attach them and then grind them down, which is what was done here.

+1, btw the plates they use for their bespoke shoes are nicer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads