• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling visit Washington, D.C. (pics inside!)

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
thanks
im thinking around 2000-3000 for that gator chukka in the mto program?

The chukka does look quite nice, but my guess is that it's about twice that price.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by glowell222
I met with Tony today. I commented that the website is very well done and while the shoes on the website look wonderful, they all look so much better in person. I'm having some Sinatras MTO. September seems such a long way off......

It's true, isn't it? The shoes look so much better in person! What did you think of the stingray in person? Pics just don't do it justice...

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
It's true, isn't it? The shoes look so much better in person! What did you think of the stingray in person? Pics just don't do it justice...

+ 1 the stingrays are really cool, i know not everyones choice but the are fun and great as parting shoes

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For a man who previously ordered pigskin galosh derbies...I'm not surprised Luk-cha likes Stingray

The idea of stingray is nice...once you touch it and realize alligator is so much nicer...reality sets in and I moved on

For us Americans the holy trinity is almost complete...Cleverley is almost here...G&G around the corner...does anyone know if Foster's is returning?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michael Ay329
For us Americans the holy trinity is almost complete...Cleverley is almost here...G&G around the corner...does anyone know if Foster's is returning?

very pathetic
lol8[1].gif

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I swore I'd order a pair next time he was in DC..

F you unemployment.
frown.gif
frown.gif

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of chukkas in general, but those gator ankle boots are so badass. The stingray is pretty nuts as well. Though my favorite would have to be the wholecuts.

jamaican

Reaction score
Aaaah the sweet smell of new leather... decisions, decisions. Gotta be the Burlington for me chaps... that's just supa nice. Saying that... I looked at the bespoke Adelaide and knew deep down that I've gotta get me some of those. I already have an MTO version, but its all about the shapes that bespoke offers. Well, we can all dream. I really like that new side gusseted shoe as well. I am interested to see how the new slippers will look. I am after a DJ shoe - not an opera pump - and hope that G&G will release one this year.

Like Mike AY 90210 I was told that I would have to wait till August for the new stuff. I wonder if they will have some new boots as well. The obvious addition is a G&G "Shannon" with the 2 plus 2 ":O:O:O:O" punching along a gimped galosh line. That would seem to be a simple progression from the Canterbury that they already have.

Can the original poster please confirm that he got a Swan's neck in the MTO. J

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
thanks
im thinking around 2000-3000 for that gator chukka in the mto program?

im hoping i can get that sometime in the next decade.
that would end my pursuit of the elusive, be-all black formal dress shoes for me.

That gator chukka is super sexy. But can this really be used as a black formal dress shoe - either black tie or conservative business dress?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roikins
Actually, I think Foster is in DC mid-May.

Great, I've only seen Will's and they were a mess, so to say

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michael Ay329
The new modles are all MTO/RTW...thus this new side gusset "Chester" G&G doesn't have any "named" bespoke models Shoes are 470 pounds (excluding VAT, no shoe trees and doesn't include cost of customs or shipping) Add about 100 more pounds for boots
this is a screaming good deal at the current 1.45 USD/GBP. how would one get MTO G&G done in the backwaters of Miami?
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads