1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gaziano&Girling official thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GazianoGirling, Feb 1, 2014.

1. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

none of the above - its a trap! they sucker you in with a pair and then forbid you from buying anymore whilst married. not worth it imho, no thanks, nice try woman

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  2. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

is there a reason why no space in between ampersands? for a second i thought this was a thread created by a hin xui jign in zhifang provice, china. "cheap bras!" and lower case letters smh

3. wurger

wurger Senior member

yeah, also keep in mind the production times of these shoes, they take a couple of months.

4. GazianoGirling

GazianoGirling Member

Hello Gents,

Please see below a picture of our Navy hatchgrain. We are lucky to have a lovely sun shine in London this morning so that is pretty much the lightest it will get.

[​IMG]

@JS: We are not distributing other width than E off the peg at the moment. But your suggestion will be taken into account at some point.

Also, there is currently no plan of releasing the model you are refering to in the near futur. But info will be given to Tony that there is interest.

@PCK1: Regarding colours, they will be some new things coming this year! We will keep you all posted.

@Peak08: Thank for your interest in our models! Regarding the occasion, strait cap toe oxfords may be a little "bussinessy" in our opinion.
    The Cooper is defenatly more appropriate than the Holden for a wedding, and is the type of style that should be in every gentleman's wardrobe.

Our Deco last is the most "continental", the inspiration clearly comes from Italy or France. However, it is unappropriate to try to classify our lasts as the fitting of Deco is the same as on our Benchmade range and that different toe shapes suit different purposes.

We momentarily stopped distributing in Hong-Kong. If you happen to travel to Singapore or Tapei soon you will be able to find our models at Kevin Seah Bespoke (Singapore) or Timeless Fashions (Tapei).

It is nice to see the thread picking up! Thanks for the support gentlemen!

Cheers,

Tony, Dean and the G&G team

5. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

@GazianoGirling

Thank you for the prompt and honest response. It is great to have a channel of communication with a respected brand. Thank you for all the info and help so far.

Also, thank you for that pic of the navy hatch grain, it is indeed dark. For the purposes of the model I had in mind, it will probably serve nicely though.

6. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

I also have to say thank you! It is very nice to be able to communicate easily with a beloved brand...

and the navy hatch grain is nice :D :D I know what JubeiSpiegel has in mind and I like it :D

7. Chowkin

Chowkin Senior member

How much does it cost to resole a pair of RTW G&Gs?

8. GazianoGirling

GazianoGirling Member

Good afternoon Gents,

Things have been moving a lot for us lately, thus our little presence on SF these days.

We charge £ 310.00 for a complete resole and renovation.

Cheers!

9. 500plus

500plus Member

Will you be in LA anytime soon? Maybe at Leather Soul since they dropped Cleverly?

10. chogall

chogall Senior member

Leather Soul dropped G&G several years ago.

11. 500plus

500plus Member

You never know. I buy a lot of shoes from Leather Soul but was never impressed with Cleverly. I think G&G shoes are quite nice. Maybe they'll have a change of heart.

12. laufer

laufer Senior member

@GazianoGirling

Guys I would like to make a suggestion. Now that purchasing shoe trees along shoes is mandatory I really think you should bring 3-piece boot trees. Your regular shoe trees are simply too difficult to put into boots, I struggle putting shoe trees event into my chukkas.

1 person likes this.
  13. GazianoGirling

GazianoGirling Member

Hi laufer,

We acknoledge that and we are currently working on new models for our RTW range. They should be far more practical than the current version.

We will keep you guys updated when it is released.

Cheers,

14. laufer

laufer Senior member

That's a good news, thank you.

15. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

Yes, I would like to see different trees for boots as well!!

Especially since I am thinking a nice Burnham boot in racing green with black elastic and edge details would be very sexy...

16. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

I would go for the Gaziano and Girling, but MTO to accommodate your flat feel!

The navy hatch looks great, and is very wearable after the wedding.

Congratulations on your wedding and I hope you choose the right shoes!!!:)

17. GazianoGirling

GazianoGirling Member

Good morning gents,

Gaziano&Girling is happy to announce our NYC spring trunk show with Mr. Tony Gaziano at The Pierre Hotel the 2nd, 3rd and 4th of June 2014.

Please contact tony@gazianogirling.com to book an appointment.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Please visit our website for more details. www.gazianogirling.com

Cheers!

1 person likes this.
  18. SoGent

SoGent Senior member

does anyone know if G&G have discontinued their English Grain leather ?

19. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Not sure, but in my experience, it is quite rigid. I would personally not use it on an entire shoe, for comfort reasons...

20. SoGent

SoGent Senior member

didn't know that. any idea how rigid it is compared to St C's grained buffalo ?