• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Deco Range 2010

Maverick972

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rebel222

Since the topic has gotten to Scafora, what do you think they are worth? Not retail, but what would someone pay on here or eBay for them? Classic styles. Nothing too "Italian."

I'll pass the buck on this one. I don't know enough about them to comment. Sorry!

cdmoore1855

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maverick972
I hope you're right!

From what I hear that is unlikely, they will be similar to the EG Top Drawer but feature more handiwork. Tony told me they would be basically bespoke shoes on new designed standard lasts.

Lets see, should not be too much of a wait now

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Ron Rider made me a pair of boots that I like better than my CL's.

Boot2.jpg

RR for CL, I see.
laugh.gif

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poorsod
I think Scafora may have the best value if you want the Norwegian welt or some of their other fancy welting. They make a very Italian looking shoe with very nice antiquing. One day I might go for their 3 eyelet wholecut that looks very much like the iconic Berluti version but I would do it with the Norwegian welt. My hesitation is that this kind of construction is renders a stiffer sole than a regular Goodyear welt, at least that's what Paulo told me. Also $2000 is a very good price for bespoke, that is if you like his style.

For 3000 euro I'd prefer to try Corthay, but I think he is quite a bit more expensive now.

How much is Corthay now? Not that I need it, I like their RTW offerings (+patination).

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
How much is Corthay now? Not that I need it, I like their RTW offerings (+patination).

MTO is 1,200 euros.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Ron Rider made me a pair of boots that I like better than my CL's.

Boot2.jpg

What'd those set you back?

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I got 2 pairs of MTO Corthay shoes from Leffot and both pairs were $1450 plus shipping (trees included).

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Texasmade
I got 2 pairs of MTO Corthay shoes from Leffot and both pairs were $1450 plus shipping (trees included).

I gather they were $1450 each?

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Over a year ago, the Corthay MTO that I wanted, with a simple medallion added to the design was over $1700 so I passed

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

At Leffot a couple years ago he was asking $4000 USD for bespoke. Now I think he is closer to 4000 euro but that number could include the VAT. Have you seen his shoe trees? They are a work of art.

Metroboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michael Ay329
Nothing has been finalized on the Deco Range. New models? New lasts?

I'm hoping for a new last which is a bit pointier yet is squared and chiseled like the TG73

I'm hoping Deco will focus more on a single color...say black

I'm hoping the designs will be a bit minimalist and focus on introducing more handwork and the waist treatment from their bespoke range

I'm also hoping they will introduce on black calf, a bleaching similar to Foster's fading....without the huge 380 pound upcharge...yet included in the more premium price.

3 piece shoe trees would be nice too

New last? Yes.
more single color? Yes
Minimalistic designs? Yes
Faded calf?....maybe, maybe not.
3 peice shoe tree.....doubt it.

jamaican

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michael Ay329
No way the shoes will be $2000 (or 1300 pounds)....its priced too close to their bespoke range

I expect the Decco range to be priced a bit more competitively than Cleverley's A.C. range and E.G's TD range

Mike I agree with you. G&G Deco will try to nuke Cleverley AC but for the same price. What will they do new... dunno, but guess the Deco line will be same lasts as MTO range but with more handwork.... that's it: better finish to the gap between the heel and the heel cup, so it looks more like the G&G bespoke ie without a gap; tighter finish at the toe as well so looks more like the bespoke finish; better colour so it looks more like the bespoke; maybe a tighter fiddle back waist with more finish options and higher grade leathers available than are available in the current MTO range. I should be most surprised if there were any new lasts or exclusive patterns for Deco. They will just make the thing using less machine - and more handwork. Basically MTO on speed. I would also be surprised G&G they went as far as Edward Green's Top Drawer in allowing new patterns. Afterall TD is as good as it gets at EG (and it's pretty pretty). Whereas G&G (and Cleverley) have a full blown bespoke operation. (That said Delos does his demi-measue line which looks equisite, and he is a bespoke guy.)

Going by the steps made in Edward Green Top Drawer (this last incarnation post Gaziano's departure esentially folding EG's bespoke business) between first introduction and current samples in the Jermyn St shop, I reckon I will wait a year(ish) and then get something Deco-fied. Perhaps, I will see the Deco samples, touch em, and get all gooey-eyed and order some anyway. J

cdmoore1855

Reaction score
There is a little more info given on G&G's site now.

It seems they are taking fiddleback soles to the next level. They look much finer than the current bespokes

It looks like the cheque book will be coming out again (oh god)

Maverick972

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cdmoore1855

There is a little more info given on G&G's site now.

It seems they are taking fiddleback soles to the next level. They look much finer than the current bespokes

It looks like the cheque book will be coming out again (oh god)

You and me both, Cdmoore. Sigh.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads