Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Gaziano & Girling Deco Range 2010

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Maverick972, Oct 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

Fritzl, yes I understand this

no doubt about it.

2. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

If this is the case, he clearly did not bring anything of quality to the show. I went there with Luk-Cha and Gazman and we are all Bespoke shoe guys and we all thought Paolo's shoes were absolute shit.

What specifically did the three of you not like about his shoes? As much as I love shoes, I won't pretend to be an expert. I will say, however, that when I wore my new Scafora's to the JL store, their bespoke guy had positive things to say about the pair.

3. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

we are all Bespoke shoe guys and we all thought Paolo's shoes were absolute shit.

Thanks god for all you experts!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

What specifically did the three of you not like about his shoes?

+1

5. cdmoore1855

cdmoore1855 Senior member

He had RTW and Bespoke on display and neither of us could tell the difference between them. The shape and quality just did not look that good to us, and the fact that he wanted to charge us about 75% over the normal price left a sour taste. When I asked for the real price, he said that was the real price but as a favour we could order one of the shoes from the Bespoke collection and he would make it RTW at no extra charge. waste of time because they all looked the same quality to begin with

Maybe he is capable of good work, but his samples did not show off his capabilities.

6. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

G&G are nowhere near EG in terms of quality. They're quite far in fact. But G&G's last is marvellous. So very Italian. EG seems to me to be trending a little British with rounder, stubbier lasts.

Bold statement...what are you basing this on?

Exactly my reaction to this. My guess is not much if anything.

7. Bull

Bull Senior member

Pics or it didn't happen.

8. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

He had RTW and Bespoke on display and neither of us could tell the difference between them. The shape and quality just did not look that good to us, and the fact that he wanted to charge us about 75% over the normal price left a sour taste. When I asked for the real price, he said that was the real price but as a favour we could order one of the shoes from the Bespoke collection and he would make it RTW at no extra charge. waste of time because they all looked the same quality to begin with

Maybe he is capable of good work, but his samples did not show off his capabilities.

So, you basically think his shoes were "absolute shit" because of the pricing? [​IMG]

As an aside, he makes his RTW and bespoke shoes to the same level of construction (i.e. the quality of the leathers, amount of handwork etc. is the same). That's why (in the U.S. and most elsewhere) he charges only ~25% more for the bespoke. Lattanzi, for example, does the same.

9. The Shoe Snob

The Shoe Snob Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Bold statement...what are you basing this on?

+1

10. The Shoe Snob

Pics or it didn't happen.

It's definitely happening, I have seen them in person but that is all i can say

11. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Senior member Dubiously Honored

It's definitely happening, I have seen them in person but that is all i can say

There are two shoe manufacturers in Kettering (used to be far more): Loake and Gaziano-Girling.

12. The Shoe Snob

There are two shoe manufacturers in Kettering (used to be far more): Loake and Gaziano-Girling.

Bengal-stripe, you know your stuff!! Looks like you read my blog, thank you!

13. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Senior member Dubiously Honored

14. The Shoe Snob

15. cdmoore1855

cdmoore1855 Senior member

So, you basically think his shoes were "absolute shit" because of the pricing? [​IMG]

As an aside, he makes his RTW and bespoke shoes to the same level of construction (i.e. the quality of the leathers, amount of handwork etc. is the same). That's why (in the U.S. and most elsewhere) he charges only ~25% more for the bespoke. Lattanzi, for example, does the same.

Based on pricing. I went there knowing what he normally charges and saw shoes that were not particularly great, then I get told they are about 3,000 Euros a pair. Which I know is just a massive mark up. Based on that they were very poor value for money. Even at half that price I was not impressed