• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

ShooIn

Reaction score
Hello all ! I found this amazing forum and you provided me a lot of info on Gaziano Girling. Now I notice the belt for the Boots in Vintage Rioja Calf & Highland Grain - TG73 color doesn't match up and at present time I can't even order the belt online as it's out of stock. Can someone provide me an alternative to this belt color ? I check Equus belts and the Australian Nut look some what similar. Can someone provide me some guidance on this ?

Equus can send you a range of sample leather to compare the colours directly. It's really hard to compare unless they are side by side. I have found the Australian Nut colour to be a very good match to my G&G Vintage Oak. I'd say there was a fair bit more of a purple hue to the Vintage Rioja, but I don't own a pair in that colour to be able to compare.

thesartorialistbanker

Reaction score
Gaziano & Girling Sinatra on TG73 last

87BEE3CE-DCF0-4BCE-842A-FD4FEEA7829E.jpeg

70171DC6-BE67-4CC3-A6AA-302E64AD1688.jpeg

936417E6-2AB9-4037-AF42-0D374E909FF3.jpeg

F6C4EA62-DCA9-4B97-B766-C5B8016E9428.jpeg

51A5EFC6-2A25-4FC7-9C36-4DE10887366D.jpeg

FAE54623-8E04-4E32-9E3F-9C1BD9AE7D99.jpeg

sforum1

Reaction score
Would anyone able to compare the toebox room of DG70 to JL 7000?
If 7000 fits me just right in the toe box, would DG70 (same size) be too small for me?

Thanks in advance!
See pic above. The 700 last is generally roomier than the DG70. Not only in the toe box but in the instep as well. The middle shoe is the JL City II and the one on the right the Kensington on the DG70. The one of the left the Chelsea on the 82 last.

sforum1

Reaction score
Thanks a lot, based on the photo, it seems like GG is a bit narrower?, is that possible to do a side by side comparison?

Thank you!
The only thing I would really worry about is the instep. If you have a high instep and the 7000 is not quite there for you instep-wise then you'd really have an issue with the DG70.

Just to be sure, the comparison I'm making here is with G&G half size up. There is no way you will fit in the same size G&G. Meaning if you wear a 9.5UK in JL 7000 then don't even try to fit in a 9.5UK G&G DG70. Don't even attempt it or think it. Go half size up to 10UK and expect the fit to be a little tighter and lower instep.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only thing I would really worry about is the instep. If you have a high instep and the 7000 is not quite there for you instep-wise then you'd really have an issue with the DG70.

Just to be sure, the comparison I'm making here is with G&G half size up. There is no way you will fit in the same size G&G. Meaning if you wear a 9.5UK in JL 7000 then don't even try to fit in a 9.5UK G&G DG70. Don't even attempt it or think it. Go half size up to 10UK and expect the fit to be a little tighter and lower instep.

Thanks a lot. I have 7000 in 8E but it's in fact to long for me. (toe box just fine)
I also have GG06 in 8E and deco in 8.5e and both work well for me. I assume for DG70 8 is the right length, but not sure if E width would work.

Instep wise, GG06 and DECO both work better than 7000

sforum1

Reaction score
Thanks a lot. I have 7000 in 8E but it's in fact to long for me. (toe box just fine)
I also have GG06 in 8E and deco in 8.5e and both work well for me. I assume for DG70 8 is the right length, but not sure if E width would work.

Instep wise, GG06 and DECO both work better than 7000

Not at all my experience. I suppose it's true what they say, there is no answer to these questions except one: It's all about the shape of your foot and every foot is different.

Another thing which is very important when comparing shoes is to not go by pics. Often you have shoes side by side one of them looking much 'smaller' (narrower, more pointy, sleeker etc) than the other and the fit is much roomier for the smaller shoe. And I'm actually not just talking about pics which can be all about the angle the pic was taken but in reality too.

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He's very happy with his shoes in 20 years!

For someone who hates wearing his own socks and shoes, it is interesting to see how curious he becomes about my gyw shoes always. Maybe he has an eye for quality.

IMG_7076.JPG

Got these neat little ones for him for like 25-30 euros and he would not wear them for more than a couple minutes lol.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads