• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

Roc_Xel

Reaction score
Thanks Ttown.

My shoes are definitely too tight, so disappointed. I will indeed have to go half a size bigger than the usual E11 UK I am with my C&J.

Just sent them an email to know how it should be done, I am fine with paying for return and new shipping of the proper pairs. Both pairs are so gorgeous, I love them.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ttown.

My shoes are definitely too tight, so disappointed. I will indeed have to go half a size bigger than the usual E11 UK I am with my C&J.

Just sent them an email to know how it should be done, I am fine with paying for return and new shipping of the proper pairs. Both pairs are so gorgeous, I love them.
Send the shoe back to gg and get size up. You will lose shipping money that’s about it and let them know you want to exchange. Agree 100% enjoy your shoes, you can call them also the store.

mxgreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ttown.

Hi - I just wanted to pass on my experience. I bought a pair of G&G Oxfords in size 11.5E (same as my EG size). They were too tight. So, I bought size 12E. The width was perfect but the shoes were a little too long. Too long for me to feel comfortable wearing them. So, maybe you need an F fitting rather than a larger size.

cypi2

Reaction score
Thanks Ttown.

C&J's UK 11 fits me well on most lasts.

For G&G shoes, UK 11 F or UK 11.5 E fit better (This is because a high instep. Note that i do not know the deco lasts, and i am talking of the GG06, DG70, MH71, TG73 and/or KN14 lasts).

However, my first two pairs of G&G shoes were mistakenly bought in UK 11 E, and i could not return them.

I stretched them using stretchers, and i wore them approximately 30 minutes a day (or until they became painful) for a few weeks. And, they eventually felt comfortable after the leather had given a little.

I am not suggesting that you keep shoes that do not fit you if you can exchange them for shoes in a wider and/or larger size.

Roc_Xel

Reaction score
C&J's UK 11 fits me well on most lasts.

For G&G shoes, UK 11 F or UK 11.5 E fit better (This is because a high instep. Note that i do not know the deco lasts, and i am talking of the GG06, DG70, MH71, TG73 and/or KN14 lasts).

However, my first two pairs of G&G shoes were mistakenly bought in UK 11 E, and i could not return them.

I stretched them using stretchers, and i wore them approximately 30 minutes a day (or until they became painful) for a few weeks. And, they eventually felt comfortable after the leather had given a little.

I am not suggesting that you keep shoes that do not fit you if you can exchange them for shoes in a wider and/or larger size.

Thanks, interesting. They feel like really too tight right now, meaning they hurt my feet and I can feel that the blood is not circulating as well as usually (^^). Quite amazed since I am so comfortable in E11 UK in C&J.

When you say you are comfortable in most C&J lasts in 11, do you take 10.5 in the few you're unwell or 11.5 ?

I tried to walk a bit with one of the pair and just went outside my office for 3 min wiht one of the pairs and they have small evidence of that on the sole, so dont know if they will take those back. The others are untouched except on carpet so that should be fine but maybe i ll have to go your way ^^.

Roc_Xel

Reaction score
Hi - I just wanted to pass on my experience. I bought a pair of G&G Oxfords in size 11.5E (same as my EG size). They were too tight. So, I bought size 12E. The width was perfect but the shoes were a little too long. Too long for me to feel comfortable wearing them. So, maybe you need an F fitting rather than a larger size.

Thanks for your imput. thought about that too, but saw so many ppl who said like you, either x F or x+0.5 E. I am 6'3 so I dont think I'd be bothered by the length, it usually remains quite proportional with... my person (^^). More seriously, my 11 tonight really did not seem very long at all (probably actually looking shorter than say my last 348 C&J) so I *think* I would not mind having them in 11.5 and would not be bothered by them looking too long.

Roc_Xel

Reaction score
Well, I'm 6'2" and I wasn't concerned with how long the shoes looked on my feet. i was concerned with how long they felt on my feet. They were about 1/4" longer than the 11.5 and, on my feet, they felt it. The fit was a little off.

Thanks for clarifying Sir, had not understood it that way.

Roc_Xel

Reaction score
Do you think they have shoes to sell that are new, first hand, and not displayed on the website ? Is there anyway to buy from distance, as if it was done online, stock shoes that are not on the website, for instance one of the model but in another last /and or another color ?

Have any of you already done so, like calling them to enquire about what they had in a particular sizing and buy them "online" ?

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you think they have shoes to sell that are new, first hand, and not displayed on the website ? Is there anyway to buy from distance, as if it was done online, stock shoes that are not on the website, for instance one of the model but in another last /and or another color ?

Have any of you already done so, like calling them to enquire about what they had in a particular sizing and buy them "online" ?
Best way to buy is call them tell them what shoe you want & size. Pay over the phone & you will have your shoes in few days vs emailing them. All shoes are new if it’s out of stock they will make one for you. Once you get your shoes try them on on carpet floor & don’t flex the shoes. If you want to return then or exchange them. If you wear them out or flex them you can’t return them or exchange them. Hope this help & enjoy your shoes.

cypi2

Reaction score
Thanks, interesting. They feel like really too tight right now, meaning they hurt my feet and I can feel that the blood is not circulating as well as usually (^^). Quite amazed since I am so comfortable in E11 UK in C&J.

When you say you are comfortable in most C&J lasts in 11, do you take 10.5 in the few you're unwell or 11.5 ?

I tried to walk a bit with one of the pair and just went outside my office for 3 min wiht one of the pairs and they have small evidence of that on the sole, so dont know if they will take those back. The others are untouched except on carpet so that should be fine but maybe i ll have to go your way ^^.

On some C&J's lasts, UK 11 is too large for me, but, UK 10.5 is a good fit.

If you cannot return the shoes, you could try to stretch them yourself or you could also let your cobbler do it. My experience is that one gains about half a size by stretching shoes.

When i stretch my shoes myself, I use Sellari's SPS (https://www.leathercaresupply.com/p...al-shoe-stretch-liquid?variant=21420933283923), and, it works well for me. It was recommended by @Nick V. from B. Nelson on his shoe repair thread.

I also apply Saphir Shoe-Eze (https://www.amazon.com/Saphir-Shoe-eze-Leather-Softener-50/dp/B0168TF7RM) right before wearing the shoes until the leather has given enough and the shoes fit. Shoe-Eze comes either in a liquid or in a foam, and both have worked equally well for me.

Last edited:

PMA

Reaction score
MTO Barclay's in Mole Suede
IMG_0237.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics