• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful!

Is that an MTO StJ-III in Vintage Cedar on TG73? Or Skoak's stock model from earlier?

andrel42

Reaction score
Finally got the chance to post the pics of my G&G St. James II ordered thru. skoak and i am glad i ordered these. I added the flush metal toe taps from my local cobbler (B. Nelson in NYC).
I haven't got the chance to break them in yet but my initial reaction on the fit on these adelaides is very good. They sit tightly around the heel, ankle and instep so there is no slip at all when walking and then loose enough in the front to allow the toes to move freely. The color and burnishing on these is simply amazing as well and when shined i am sure they will come super nice.
Many thanks to @dddrees , @TtownMD , @mw313 and others for recommending this model to me.
Welcome to the St James club and wear in good health !!!

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Finally got the chance to post the pics of my G&G St. James II ordered thru. skoak and i am glad i ordered these. I added the flush metal toe taps from my local cobbler (B. Nelson in NYC). I haven't got the chance to break them in yet but my initial reaction on the fit on these adelaides is very good. They sit tightly around the heel, ankle and instep so there is no slip at all when walking and then loose enough in the front to allow the toes to move freely. The color and burnishing on these is simply amazing as well and when shined i am sure they will come super nice. Many thanks to @dddrees , @TtownMD , @mw313 and others for recommending this model to me.
Very very good choice enjoy them in good health :slayer:

Faster

Reaction score
Well, I just got these. And they are just beautiful, the grain is just spectacular.

These were my first try at GG06 last and sadly got the size wrong. Placing a new order with Skoak but going to put these up for sale. 10.5/11 F w/GG trees

jrb666

Reaction score
The color and texture of the Kudu leather together with the fact that this was combined with such a great shoe to begin with (St James II) makes these shoes most definitely worth the wait. Kudus once again goes out to @Leaves and his crew for the work behind making this available thru G&G and delivering the goods in such a classy manner. Looking forward to the next one.

I know I'm late to the party (more proof that we F widths are mercilessly discriminated against), but these arrived yesterday.

What a shoe in the flesh!

It's gonna be dangerous when I take them out for a test drive. I'm sure to walk into a lamppost.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there stj3? Or was that a typo?

St James III is GG's new/current design.

Here is an email I received exactly a year ago today from Skoak regarding my Chestnut StJ pre-order:

"G&G has recently changed the pattern for their St James model. The changes are around the throat and vamp point"

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't seem to find pic for it in G&G site.

From Skoak:

"The main reason for this change was for technical reason in production and this new version is based on an early bespoke model. See this picture for a comparison of the old St James II (pictured in Vintage Cherry) and the new St James II in Vintage Rioja."

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know I'm late to the party (more proof that we F widths are mercilessly discriminated against), but these arrived yesterday.

What a shoe in the flesh!

It's gonna be dangerous when I take them out for a test drive. I'm sure to walk into a lamppost.
Great choice, Congrats!!!

I have to say my maiden voyage was extremely enjoyable. In fact I couldn't help but showing them off a bit to a few people. Pure joy to wear.

Last edited:

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got the chance to post the pics of my G&G St. James II ordered thru. skoak and i am glad i ordered these. I added the flush metal toe taps from my local cobbler (B. Nelson in NYC).
I haven't got the chance to break them in yet but my initial reaction on the fit on these adelaides is very good. They sit tightly around the heel, ankle and instep so there is no slip at all when walking and then loose enough in the front to allow the toes to move freely. The color and burnishing on these is simply amazing as well and when shined i am sure they will come super nice.
Many thanks to @dddrees , @TtownMD , @mw313 and others for recommending this model to me.

Fabulous choice, Congrats!!!

That's what we are here for. I'm just glad to see it worked out so well for you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads