• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
x-post WAYWRN - G & G Deco's, Paul Stuart socks, Phineas Cole suit trews . . .

IMG_6439.JPG

Resoling

Reaction score
people from usa: have you guys been hit by import duties when ordering gaziano girling shoes above 800 dlls?

papado

Reaction score
people from usa: have you guys been hit by import duties when ordering gaziano girling shoes above 800 dlls?

I have not on my recent orders but I know other folks have. I think it's partly luck and partly how they fill out the paperwork...

Reaction score
Picked these St James II up from eBay - initially a bit on the fence about keeping them as the left fit is a bit loose, but just love the colour too much to send them back now. Should be easily fixed with an insole.

Easy to see why these are G&Gs best seller - really a beautiful shoe, and cherry is a tragically under-represented shade.

Attachments

• IMG_9119.JPG
    IMG_9119.JPG
    163.5 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_20211130_150705_resized_20211130_030823653[4337].jpg
    IMG_20211130_150705_resized_20211130_030823653[4337].jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 151

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have not on my recent orders but I know other folks have. I think it's partly luck and partly how they fill out the paperwork...
It's been a while but I believe the cutoff is $800; G&G uses DHL if I remember and I believe I always paid for it (which was unfortunate as the shipping costs were quite high).

sforum1

Reaction score
Picked these St James II up from eBay - initially a bit on the fence about keeping them as the left fit is a bit loose, but just love the colour too much to send them back now. Should be easily fixed with an insole.

Easy to see why these are G&Gs best seller - really a beautiful shoe, and cherry is a tragically under-represented shade.
Are the F width?

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Yep, which is good for the right foot but a bit roomy for the left. But E width is good for the left but a squeeze on the right. So in summary, an E.5 would be nice!

I was watching the same pair. Very nice... wear them in good health, sir.

Kr373

Reaction score
I just purchased a pair of St. James in a 9E UK. They are a little snug, especially the right foot in the toe box. The best fitting shoes I currently own are both C&J Handmade on the 337 last which were both very tight at first, to the point of being very uncomfortable after an entire day, but after 3-4 wears, they are perfect and I keep them on for a few hours even when I get home to relax. I called the Saville Row store this morning and I spoke with a gentleman who looked at a last chart which said the St James should be the same size as my CJ’s. Do you think these will break after a few wears, I may not need to exchange. I’m worried they wouldn’t according to what I’ve read about GG’s softer leather not breaking much.

Last edited:

papado

Reaction score
I just purchased a pair of St. James in a 9E UK. They are a little snug, especially the right foot in the toe box. The best fitting shoes I currently own are both C&J Handmade on the 337 last which were both very tight at first, to the point of being very uncomfortable after an entire day, but after 3-4 wears, they are perfect and I keep them on for a few hours even when I get home to relax. I called the Saville Row store this morning and I spoke with a gentleman who looked at a last chart which said the St James should be the same size as my CJ’s. Do you think these will break after a few wears, I may not need to exchange. I’m worried they wouldn’t according to what I’ve read about GG’s softer leather not breaking much.

My Rothschild shoes took a while to break in and are now very comfortable so it's certainly possible.

Only part I'm not sure about is someone at G&G saying their sizing is the same as CJ? I wear a half size larger in G&G than a standard UK size but I know some people wear it in the same size (just like how I wear my EGs in UK size 1 full size down from US and don't use their half size conversion). Guess that's the magic of everyone's feet being different :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads