• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

jirages

Reaction score
msg # 887 , Sep 20,2020 Hello, I am trying to find a pair of new oxfords in gg06 since ONE year and scrolling the forum since.
Not tempted at all to order them at full price, even with 20% off nowadays. (4 kids , shyt economy, etc)
Did you get yours at a good price ? (all is relative) and did you find them in the Buy/Sell section ?
I am looking for 7.5 or 8 and no sign of any since long.
there is a US shop selling a few but only huge sizes left
is there a trick to get those for a descent price, or everybody paid full ?

Hello, my birthday is soon and I think my luck couldn't shine better.
As I was into finding a pair of gg oxfords for a couple of years, and gave up searching.......

It became a habit to click on styleforum every morning, and follow this thread, in the hope of finding a new pair for sale here at a reasonable price !
As well, clicked on ebay.com and changed my address to a US post code for a better search for gg oxfords.
ebay.co.uk and changed post code, ebay germany, france etc.

.....and I think it is the ebay AI search bot, that found me a very peculiar Ad !
I still don't believe it was luck

Whilst searching for gaziano gg06 oxford, ebay always suggests for you , a few similar items on the bottom of the search results , and there is one item that caught my eye.

The sale was for a pair of Alfred Sargent oxfords , brand new, in my size 8E, but I was eyeballing the tiny picture !!!

Well I clicked on the ebay item, and the whole description was for an Alfred Sargent, and checking the details, the seller seemed PRO and selling dozens of Alfred Sargent shoes, with a street shop in Burton, and good reputation etc etc.

The pictures talked to me and the shape of the shoe was yellling Gaziano.
After a few close-ups and stitch comparisions, I was 100% sure it was Gaziano & Girling Oxfords.

I purchased the pair, and received them yesterday
The box was Alfred Sargent very well, but the shoes are GG's all the way.
I was surprised there is no GG stamp on the inner sole leather, no name, no sign. Probable seconds, thirds, or what have you, but found a lovely tiny GG06 inscription inside the tongue. Moreover, the sole lacks the black V bridge signature, but found several MTO GG's with same sole as in pictures.

wanted to share my stupid story, as a soon to be grandfather, the gg oxfords are great great shoes, their signature is unique, and I truly am not a fashion victim, nor a show off or brag bag, but I find this model so refined.
I am not UK based btw
cheers

ALFRED.jpg s-l16001.jpg s-l16002.jpg s-l16003.jpg s-l16004.jpg s-l16005.jpg s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello, my birthday is soon and I think my luck couldn't shine better.
As I was into finding a pair of gg oxfords for a couple of years, and gave up searching.......

It became a habit to click on styleforum every morning, and follow this thread, in the hope of finding a new pair for sale here at a reasonable price !
As well, clicked on ebay.com and changed my address to a US post code for a better search for gg oxfords.
ebay.co.uk and changed post code, ebay germany, france etc.

.....and I think it is the ebay AI search bot, that found me a very peculiar Ad !
I still don't believe it was luck

Whilst searching for gaziano gg06 oxford, ebay always suggests for you , a few similar items on the bottom of the search results , and there is one item that caught my eye.

The sale was for a pair of Alfred Sargent oxfords , brand new, in my size 8E, but I was eyeballing the tiny picture !!!

Well I clicked on the ebay item, and the whole description was for an Alfred Sargent, and checking the details, the seller seemed PRO and selling dozens of Alfred Sargent shoes, with a street shop in Burton, and good reputation etc etc.

The pictures talked to me and the shape of the shoe was yellling Gaziano.
After a few close-ups and stitch comparisions, I was 100% sure it was Gaziano & Girling Oxfords.

I purchased the pair, and received them yesterday
The box was Alfred Sargent very well, but the shoes are GG's all the way.
I was surprised there is no GG stamp on the inner sole leather, no name, no sign. Probable seconds, thirds, or what have you, but found a lovely tiny GG06 inscription inside the tongue. Moreover, the sole lacks the black V bridge signature, but found several MTO GG's with same sole as in pictures.

wanted to share my stupid story, as a soon to be grandfather, the gg oxfords are great great shoes, their signature is unique, and I truly am not a fashion victim, nor a show off or brag bag, but I find this model so refined.
I am not UK based btw
cheers

View attachment 1662785 View attachment 1662786 View attachment 1662787 View attachment 1662788 View attachment 1662789 View attachment 1662790 View attachment 1662791

Maybe someone can correct me, but these may have been left over from the AS factory. GG used to make their shoes there before opening up their own facility.

GazianoGirling

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Thanks to those who’ve already purchased some of the GMTO options. Antibes is still in the lead!

A reminder that this finishes on Sunday 12th as we need to get the orders placed ASAP after this date to ensure pre xmas delivery.

Any questions please just ask and look forward to more orders flowing this week!

Simon

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Curious what the people are selecting for the patina choice on the Urban Commando.

GazianoGirling

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you to all of you who have ordered a GMTO from us.

We are placing the orders as we speak and will be in touch with you when they are ready.

Many Thanks
Simon :)

LThomsen

Reaction score
Any advice on sizing for the grant deco compared to vass U last or Zonkey boot classic last?

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question: TG73 vs Deco, is there a difference in size? I am a 11UK in the TG73 but 10.5UK in almost every other maker (Vass, CU, etc). Anybody would like to chime in?

Starlito

Reaction score
I take the same size with every last
Uk9

and usually I am 8,5 with John Lobb

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads