• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd love to see a tonal Walkton GMTO in this Rioja Hatch-Vintage Rioja makeup, preferably TG-73/MH-71, with Wensum soles...

500x1000px-LL-7a1a02ac_GGWalkton4.jpeg 500x1000px-LL-0470f134_GGWalkton1.jpeg

Last edited:

unprocessed

Reaction score
Would be very interested in a vintage chestnut or vintage pine oxford, ideally the SJII. Wish the RTW range had some tan/light brown oxfords.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn’t G&G recently roll out a new lazyman pattern with the faux lacing and faux tongue? Think its MTO only but it would make a cool GMTO in vintage oak, vintage rioja or the dark pearl grey and be a bit different from the standard stuff.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think G&G should decide on what to offer, as opposed to polling members (i.e. I want an original idea from the minds of Tony and Dean - like they did for the Rake).

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think G&G should decide on what to offer, as opposed to polling members (i.e. I want an original idea from the minds of Tony and Dean - like they did for the Rake).

Every model they make is an original idea from their mind.

They also explicitly asked for ideas.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every model they make is an original idea from their mind.

They also explicitly asked for ideas.

I know they asked for our ideas. And I’m suggesting they provide their own unique ideas.

That’s why I referenced the rake: they offered an exclusive/original model for the website, not just a new makeup of an existing model. Make sense?

They also did the same for Dunhill.

Last edited:

Iadbound

Reaction score
I know they asked for our ideas. And I’m suggesting they provide their own unique ideas.

That’s why I referenced the rake: they offered an exclusive/original model for the website, not just a new makeup of an existing model. Make sense?

They also did the same for Dunhill.

A fair point. I will say the Dunhill offerings are very bland.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A fair point. I will say the Dunhill offerings are very bland.

I agree. I guess dunhill wanted a traditional last.

I don’t recall, but were the RLPL models exclusive as well, or just rebranded existing models?

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the RLPL Antibes had a different vamp lake stitching construction

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads