• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

Iadbound

Reaction score
Dear Readers / GG Friends,

It's great to be back here on Styleforum!

My name is Simon and work as part of the team here based in Savile Row, London.

Some of you may have met / seen me here or when I worked with Justin FitzPatrick in London for 4 years.

We are happy to be back on SF to help answer any questions you may have about us as a brand or more importantly help you with any questions about or shoes!

Don't forget we still have 20% OFF our RTW / MTO collections both in store and online which will finish soon so do get in touch if you need any advice before pulling the trigger on a new pair of G&Gs.

Another thing we are looking to launch soon will be a SF exclusive GMTO offering of a few models so watch this space for updates on this imminently.

If you have any ideas on models you would like to see offered in the GMTO then please do discuss on here or get in touch with me at [email protected]

In the meantime, keep posting pics of your lovely shoes and speak soon :)

Simon.
A Thorpe in Oak Hatch Grain with a wensum or ridgeway sole would be great as a GMTO.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A Thorpe in Oak Hatch Grain with a wensum or ridgeway sole would be great as a GMTO.

That would be a nice boot. However there’s probably a fair number of folks that already have it (I do for example, as Mehra ran that boot and the tan hatch version a couple years ago).

Maybe something like chestnut English grain or chestnut highland grain would a bit different. Maybe even rioja hatch.

Either way you should get that boot. It’s excellent in oak hatch and you’ll wear it often.

JustPullHarder

Reaction score
That would be a nice boot. However there’s probably a fair number of folks that already have it (I do for example, as Mehra ran that boot and the tan hatch version a couple years ago).

Maybe something like chestnut English grain or chestnut highland grain would a bit different. Maybe even rioja hatch.

Either way you should get that boot. It’s excellent in oak hatch and you’ll wear it often.
I too have that boot.

Would consider something in roja. Probably not in hatch though.

Iadbound

Reaction score

That others have the boot is a fair point, but usually you need numbers for GMTO and this a make-up I suspect many still want.
Still, it’s G&G, so lots of makeups would be amazing.

GazianoGirling

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Some great ideas, keep them coming!
In the meantime, have a lovely weekend and here’s a picture of a cool MTO we received today!
The Avignon Loafer
508E43FC-64CA-4E4B-AF98-3ACE34336DF8.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads