• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

heelguy

Reaction score
Was that during the COVID lockdowns? Their website says 3-4 months so wonder if that created some delays.
My experience was one pre-COVId and another order that was placed thru a retailer right before COVID if I recall correctly.

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was that during the COVID lockdowns? Their website says 3-4 months so wonder if that created some delays.
We’re still in a Covid lockdown in the UK, since January. Just coming to the end of it now. It’s likely they weren’t fully staffed during that.

unprocessed

Reaction score
Order placed for a pair of SJII. Don’t have the patience to wait 3-4 months for MTO when they have another pair ready to ship. Hoping they do a MTO fee waived sale later this year like they have in previous years.

unprocessed

Reaction score
Does anyone know if G&G has old stock/seconds they sell? Saw the Japanese website, but didn’t find too many choices, wondering if that is the company’s entire stock or just what they have in Japan.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I decided not to go for G&G. Already have a pair of Alfred Sargent Moore, which are too similar to the St. James II. Although I was drawn to the Sapphire patina, I just did not think I could get much wear with it. I wasn't really drawn to any of the other RTW options (thought about the Stamford NST, but already have four Dover models from EG). Shame though, they look beautiful and the promo was a "good" deal. Maybe they'll have a summer clearance at 50% off later on haha...

Woodman

Reaction score
Does anyone know if G&G has old stock/seconds they sell? Saw the Japanese website, but didn’t find too many choices, wondering if that is the company’s entire stock or just what they have in Japan.

I've been in touch with them.
I should have a pair coming, and I'll let you know how they are
and what might be available.

Woodman

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been in touch with them.
I should have a pair coming, and I'll let you know how they are
and what might be available.

Woodman
Please share lol if odd stock is 50% or more off I might jump on the offer depending on what is available.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads