• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If g&g size 11uk fit me quite nicely. A size 11.5 won’t fit me, correct? I’m just confirming that I can’t make it work. these would be for loafers.
  • my loafers I wear are size 11UK. I have a 10.5 uk which were a bit snug (took forever to break in, and still hurt my feet on long days where I do a lot of walking)
  • I have lace ups size 11.5 uk. They fit fine, but I’m not sure I shouldn’t have bought size 11 (it was early on).

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A pair of St. James II in Vintage Cherry arrived for me today and I have to say, I've not seen a picture that does them justice. If I had known they would look this amazing in person, I would have pulled the trigger long, long ago. Incredible.

I don't know if this is a new thing, but the shoe bags and polishing cloth are in a much different material than years past. I think it's an improvement. Curious if others have noticed.

Also, I took the same size in the TG73 last as I do in all of their lasts and it's really good fit. Would do again. :cool:

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My feeble attempt

899DC5F4-F735-4BB3-BD0B-A4E7957EF127.jpeg

sforum1

Reaction score
A pair of St. James II in Vintage Cherry arrived for me today and I have to say, I've not seen a picture that does them justice. If I had known they would look this amazing in person, I would have pulled the trigger long, long ago. Incredible.

I don't know if this is a new thing, but the shoe bags and polishing cloth are in a much different material than years past. I think it's an improvement. Curious if others have noticed.

Also, I took the same size in the TG73 last as I do in all of their lasts and it's really good fit. Would do again. :cool:
Stop it. You are lying.

Porkpie

Reaction score

I can attest. I got a pair in last week also and the bags are different and heavier. A nice added upgrade from the previous pairs I have.

Stunning shoes you have!

unprocessed

Reaction score

i just got my Hayes in Vintage Rioja and I completely agree photos don’t do the shoes justice, they look fantastic in person. I also appreciated the quality of the shoe bags.

Kivi D

Reaction score
So I just got my hands on a slightly used pair of Burlingtons on the MH71 and for some reason it fits about a half size larger than my Kensingtons on the DG70. I thought the general consensus was all GG lasts fit similarly? Unless they were stretched out by the previous owner, but there's no way you can stretch out a shoe that much...is there??

papado

Reaction score
So I just got my hands on a slightly used pair of Burlingtons on the MH71 and for some reason it fits about a half size larger than my Kensingtons on the DG70. I thought the general consensus was all GG lasts fit similarly? Unless they were stretched out by the previous owner, but there's no way you can stretch out a shoe that much...is there??

Could the instep have been stretched so that you can't lockdown your foot? You could be well fitting in other areas but if there's too much room in the instep I've found it to be that sloppy half-size off feel.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice, I've had an unworn 7.5E pair of these in my closet for a few years now. Something about balmorals just doesn't suit me. I think I need to just accept it and let them go lol

From following you on IG, your style is quite a bit more casual than mine so I can certainly see how they don’t quite suit you. Loafers and derbies are a natural sweet spot for you. I still wear suit and tie several days a week.:cool:

That being said, they look so nice that the thought of parting with them has to be hard!

confusedcius

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone had experience with the Burnham? Would love to learn more about the sizing

Iadbound

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone had experience with the Burnham? Would love to learn more about the sizing
I've got a pair of Burnham's. Haven't much chance to wear them yet. General observation, I got the Square Deco last. My usual size is 10E but I get it with fittings for a bit of extra depth in the toe box and for extra little toe space. Because of the whole-cut style, they seem pretty forgiving in the toe box but the ankle seems firm.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads