• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some additional G&G promos going on right now!

However, with two incoming pairs and no current timelines for delivery due to the closures, I'm not as enthusiastic as I normally would be...

Still, kudu...

Last edited:

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some additional G&G promos going on right now!

However, with two incoming pairs and no current timelines for delivery due to the closures, I'm not as enthusiastic as I normally would be...

Still, kudu...

My thoughts are similar. I would consider a loafer MTO but, for sizing purposes, I need to see the one I currently have on order first.

ivancream

Reaction score
Anybody knows which is the cost of ordering a “patina color” when you order a MTO?. Thanks

Iadbound

Reaction score
Hey guys,

To clarify, how is the deco construction superior to their regular construction?
From the Leffot website: “The Deco range incorporates additional hand making. All of the waists and soles are hand finished, the uppers are hand lasted and the materials are cut from the very finest leathers.”

Kirby Allison has a good review video of the Deco too.

ryanluo23

Reaction score
anyone doing the MTO for Thorpe - heads up, one thing that really annoys me is that the default Thorpe don't come with

1) Speed Hooks
2) Any metal/brass hidden eyelets which can lead to premature damage to the holes esp if you pull to hard when tying your laces

Therefore, try to ask for them in the notes section

Good luck

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From the Leffot website: “The Deco range incorporates additional hand making. All of the waists and soles are hand finished, the uppers are hand lasted and the materials are cut from the very finest leathers.”

Kirby Allison has a good review video of the Deco too.

thank you!

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a G&G St. James II TG73 in a 8E (vintage cherry) that I bought from Mr. Porter. I'm a 7E, but they sent me the wrong size and I didn't realize until the return period had passed. I paid $745.79, but would let them go for $700 shipped. LMK if interested.

nevaeh

Reaction score
I have a G&G St. James II TG73 in a 8E (vintage cherry) that I bought from Mr. Porter. I'm a 7E, but they sent me the wrong size and I didn't realize until the return period had passed. I paid $745.79, but would let them go for $700 shipped. LMK if interested.

That sucks. They still won't accept a return, even though they made a mistake?

That's a fantastic deal and my size. But, I don't think the power-that-be in my household will approve of any purchases right now. :(

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That sucks. They still won't accept a return, even though they made a mistake?

That's a fantastic deal and my size. But, I don't think the power-that-be in my household will approve of any purchases right now. :(

nope. i ordered in Jan 2019, tried in Feb 2019 and they said no. forgot about them. found them. tried again. they said no again ☹.

I'm not desperate to sell, so they may stick around for you ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads