• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So Dean G. chimed in via email and stated the below:
"Yes the EG 888 will fit similar to the KN14, the KN14 is our soft square toe loafer last, but all our lasts have the same fitting properties, it’s only the very end of the toe box that changes, the Deco lasts are slightly longer, but I take the same size in all our RTW lasts, with no issues."

To summarize a few comments above, this indeed means if I tried one pair of G&G RTW and they fit me poorly all will fit me poorly given high-instep and me having a relatively wide feet etc, correct?

So I guess (yes I am kind of going in circles with this) only a trial/ fitting shoe will get me to a point where I feel comfortable to assess my size correctly. Does anybody have an experience where the MTO did not fit? Did G&G remake the shoe ? What happens then?

Iadbound

Reaction score
So I guess (yes I am kind of going in circles with this) only a trial/ fitting shoe will get me to a point where I feel comfortable to assess my size correctly. Does anybody have an experience where the MTO did not fit? Did G&G remake the shoe ? What happens then?

I went the trial shoe route. Thus, I'm hoping the MTO will be spot on given the trial shoes and suggested adjustments based on the trial shoes. They probably won't be here until February though, so I can't give you any immediate feedback.

In addition, I bought a pair of G&G Walkton's from Ebay. They were on the stock MH71 last. After experimenting with them, it was evident that I need adjustments. So I used a shoe stretcher. This made a big difference. The left shoe is now fine and the right shoe is almost there. I'm using the stretcher a bit more on the right shoe as we speak, but I think it will get there. Coincidentally, the work with the stretcher follows, more or less, the fittings that G&G is using on MTO SJII's (i.e., space for little toes and hallux on right big toe joint), so I'm hoping they will be a good fit right out of the box.

So you might ask: why not get a wider shoe? Well I tried the F width on the right foot, and it was too wide. So E with adjustment is it.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
got it thanks for the feedback
I went the trial shoe route. Thus, I'm hoping the MTO will be spot on given the trial shoes and suggested adjustments based on the trial shoes. They probably won't be here until February though, so I can't give you any immediate feedback.

In addition, I bought a pair of G&G Walkton's from Ebay. They were on the stock MH71 last. After experimenting with them, it was evident that I need adjustments. So I used a shoe stretcher. This made a big difference. The left shoe is now fine and the right shoe is almost there. I'm using the stretcher a bit more on the right shoe as we speak, but I think it will get there. Coincidentally, the work with the stretcher follows, more or less, the fittings that G&G is using on MTO SJII's (i.e., space for little toes and hallux on right big toe joint), so I'm hoping they will be a good fit right out of the box.

So you might ask: why not get a wider shoe? Well I tried the F width on the right foot, and it was too wide. So E with adjustment is it.
got it thanks for the feedback. may I ask how-much you paid for the ebay G&G shoes? sounds like at least a couple hundred and just for experiments?

Iadbound

Reaction score
got it thanks for the feedback

got it thanks for the feedback. may I ask how-much you paid for the ebay G&G shoes? sounds like at least a couple hundred and just for experiments?
$400. Experiment is not quite the right description. I experimented by testing them out and seeing where I had fitting issues figuring, based on the trial shoes, that I could probably stretch, etc. to a point where they would be fine. In other words, I really liked the shoes and took a risk. Picture of them is back at post 25,476.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$400. Experiment is not quite the right description. I experimented by testing them out and seeing where I had fitting issues figuring, based on the trial shoes, that I could probably stretch, etc. to a point where they would be fine. In other words, I really liked the shoes and took a risk. Picture of them is back at post 25,476.
got it. fair enough. seems like it worked out for you... not really into used shoes and also not willing to take a risk for $400, rather buy some $250 on clearance at GF and I know they fit:)

still if anybody else here with MTO experience would like to give me some feedback it would be greatly appreciated, I am sure there are tons of comments here but it's a long thread.

Iadbound

Reaction score
got it. fair enough. seems like it worked out for you... not really into used shoes and also not willing to take a risk for $400, rather buy some $250 on clearance at GF and I know they fit:)

Can't blame you. Good luck!

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't blame you. Good luck!

So heard back from the very nice Masaichi Hasegawa (who seems to monitor the forum) and he stated that on online orders for MTO the customer orders at his own risk but if I were to be fitted by an G&G employee and the MTO shoes would end up with the wrong fit they will do what they can to rectify the situation... hope this helps other people here.

LThomsen

Reaction score
I am considering ordering a pair of espresso brown oxfords from G & G Mto program. Does any one have a pair of these that they can post pictures of? I am interested to see how they wear over time.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am considering ordering a pair of espresso brown oxfords from G & G Mto program. Does any one have a pair of these that they can post pictures of? I am interested to see how they wear over time.
is that it ? from ebay. Gaziano Girling Arran Espresso Calf size 10.5 E UK

heelguy

Reaction score
personally I like the hatch grain browns better... I really like the texture

Their hatch grains are really nice. I have a Thorpe in Chestnut and Arran in Rioja. Thinking about another Arran in Oak Hatch or the color they call Arran Hatch

mina262

Reaction score
Thinking about a pair of Burnhams in suede.

Any experience/pics in the wild?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads