• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Almost forgot...
eqy6ugaj.jpg

Very nice combo, Stitch. Is that the DG70? If so, is it noticeably tighter near the toes?

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'll let you know in a couple of days if i don't hear back (sent message today). On a similar note, his thread has been dead silent too...

Just heard from him. Probably laying low for the holidays.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Very nice combo, Stitch. Is that the DG70? If so, is it noticeably tighter near the toes?

thanks, jh. indeed it is the 70, and i do not find it to be any tighter in the toes than the other lasts.

Itsuo

Reaction score

...and if I can glom on to my own non sequitur, would using non-lasted trees warp or otherwise mishape G&G shoes over time?  I'm thinking about a used pair, and I want to limit might outlays if I can.

My LSG&S (Life Since G&G) is nothing but outlays. I'm currently wearing one, waiting for two, and now deciding on a fourth thanks to Stitchy's incredible pictures! :fonz:

Gun season is over here in MI... bow season is in full swing!

On a side note, has anyone had any contact with Nick A. Recently? I have sent him messages the past few weeks but have not heard back. I assume maybe the holidays, Pitti, etc.?

I'm in the same boat, resisting the urge to flood him with more emails. If only more emails meant less days of waiting for final delivery!

Last edited:

GothamRed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thanks, jh. indeed it is the 70, and i do not find it to be any tighter in the toes than the other lasts.

Indeed — they're all elongated enough that their shouldn't be much difference to actual toes between the differing shapes of the end of the toe boxes.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My LSG&S (Life Since G&G) is nothing but outlays. I'm currently wearing one, waiting for two, and now deciding on a fourth thanks to Stitchy's incredible pictures! :fonz:

OH BABY!! what are you wearing, waiting for and deciding on?

Indeed — they're all elongated enough that their shouldn't be much difference to actual toes between the differing shapes of the end of the toe boxes.

all the laced lasts fit me the same, super comfy. the KN14 was snug and took close to a dozen wears to get comfy. now its purrfection.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If you added a direct overhead of all four (with minimal perspective tilt), and no underneath shoe bags for contrast clarity, that would complete my inquiries. Thanks for your help :fistbump:

@JubeiSpiegel, does this complete your inquiries? :)

Keen

Reaction score
sorry guys, no success on the last pics last night. will try tonight.

---

keen, i did some digging, here are some soles:

Awesome collection! Thanks for the additional pics :)
indeed it is far from complete. and yes, the gables are on the 73 in size 11.5. PM me if you are interested.
smile.gif

Now why did you have to go and say that... my size and one of my grail shoes! :/ No, can't afford right now. Damnit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads