• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

tdude

Reaction score
Aportnoy. That's a beautiful shoe.

Last edited:

jungleroller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thats a dangerously tempting offer.
bigstar[1].gif

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey aportnoy, this is not standard Hove design. To me this looks like Isham. Hove only has 4 eyelets and heel counter. Isham on the other hand has 5 eyelets and no heel coutner but this "wishbone" line thath stretches across the sides.

SonofGoldman

Reaction score
Is there any difference in price/perks of ordering directly from Tony/Dean versus using bespoke england? I feel that if I wanted something very standard in an MTO It would be easier to use the selection tabs but often times I want some help emulating certain features I've seen in MTOs from this thread...

Pricewise though are they the same?

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey aportnoy, this is not standard Hove design. To me this looks like Isham. Hove only has 4 eyelets and heel counter. Isham on the other hand has 5 eyelets and no heel coutner but this "wishbone" line thath stretches across the sides.

It look like Isham to me, I have a pair of Isham look very similar to this pair.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is there any difference in price/perks of ordering directly from Tony/Dean versus using bespoke england?  I feel that if I wanted something very standard in an MTO It would be easier to use the selection tabs but often times I want some help emulating certain features I've seen in MTOs from this thread...

Pricewise though are they the same? 

Price wise, they seem comparable from their websites. Nick is currently offering free trees and shipping, so I would be compelled to give him a try first...

bamboo

Reaction score
I think it is defaulted not to charge tree and shipping at BE site.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads