• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hmmm...I'll have to look into this a little more it seems. I was under the impression that a full size down was suggested.

GG is usually half size down from your typical US size, so unless you're typically 9.5D US, I wouldn't go for 9 E UK

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

shog%5B1%5D.gif

in 6.5E? Thanks for saving me some $

Wear them in good health! Post pics when you get them!

elstinnett

Reaction score

GG is usually half size down from your typical US size, so unless you're typically 9.5D US, I wouldn't go for 9 E UK

I'm really glad I checked in here before ordering. Looks like I'll be going with a 9.5 rather than the 9 I originally intended to order. Appreciate the advice I've received!

Scbrown

Reaction score
Hmmm...I'll have to look into this a little more it seems. I was under the impression that a full size down was suggested.
I wear a 10D Allen Edmonds
He's right my first pair of St. James are in a 9E and they are a little snug until wearing for about 20 minutes
I bought a 9.5E Arran from Barney's and they feel much better

barky

Reaction score
in 6.5E? Thanks for saving me some $

Wear them in good health! Post pics when you get them!

my pleasure, now trying very very hard to ignore the hove. hope someone else kops it
smile.gif

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well, the 20% off code lured me in.  I'll be purchasing a pair of G&G St. James II in Vintage Cherry.  Seems like an excellent choice to join the G&G family!

I'm planning to go with a size 9 UK based upon my 10D Allen Edmonds 5 last sizing.  I've done some cursory searching of this thread and that seems to be the suggest sizing, but I'd appreciate any additional input.  

I'm a 10.5 in Allen Edmonds' number 5 last and the length with respect to the ball of the foot is pretty spot on. In Gaziano and Girling's TG73 last I'm a UK10 and the length is just about perfect. Just keep in mind that everybody's feet are different.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

my pleasure, now trying very very hard to ignore the hove. hope someone else kops it :) .

Yeah, it looks pretty hot but I prefer NSTs not that sleek. The Connaught looks great on the TG73. Too bad the Arran is on the D last; too narrow for me.

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the sizing advice.

What's people's opinion on the best last for their Oxford? EG 202 was too blobby for me. I wanted Vass F last, but had some creasing in front of toe cap of OE II, despite it being the correct size.

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you like the shape of the Vass F last then the smart round toe DG70 should work well for you.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Coldcava

Reaction score
For anyone lazy on the math. Oxfords + Lasted Shoe trees =730 less 20%= 584 current conversion to $896 us.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads