• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
Very nice, the color looks a little brighter than usual, is it just the lighting?

zielschuss

Reaction score
^
Very nice, the color looks a little brighter than usual, is it just the lighting?

They're definitely a standard shade of G&G rioja; the picture is a bit overexposed.

When I was picking them up at Barneys on Madison Ave today, the salesperson told me they'd no longer be stocking G&G. The display area I had picked these from during the pre-sale last week was also missing. Could it be true?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They're definitely a standard shade of G&G rioja; the picture is a bit overexposed.

When I was picking them up at Barneys on Madison Ave today, the salesperson told me they'd no longer be stocking G&G. The display area I had picked these from during the pre-sale last week was also missing. Could it be true?

No this does not surprised me at all. I just wonder who is terminating the relationship? If I were G&G I would be upset at seeing my $1200 shoes sold for $450. On the other hand G&G shoes are not something that average Barneys customer appreciate so Barneys might have reason to end this too.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice Arrans! I know unlined chukka boots are fairly standard but I have to say I'm partial to having my footwear lined (except maybe loafers). Wear in good health!

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice Arrans! I know unlined chukka boots are fairly standard but I have to say I'm partial to having my footwear lined (except maybe loafers). Wear in good health!

These are lined in foot but unlined in shaft. I think this is the winning combination.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So how about some picks in the wild Stitchy?

We don't see enough DG70 around these parts...

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thats indeed a beautiful shade of suede (wonder if its what GG call polo suede)...what last is it on? Looks like DG70.

correct on both. polo suede on the DG70 last.

Bastard! Your a uk 10 as well aren't you, double bastard!!
-TTO

:) im a UK 11 though.

thanks!

So how about some picks in the wild Stitchy?
We don't see enough DG70 around these parts...

potentially tomorrow. :)

i did not realize they would be on this last. its kinda cool because now i have 3 different lasts amongst my GG shoes. :bigstar:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i did not realize they would be on this last. its kinda cool because now i have 3 different lasts amongst my GG shoes. :bigstar:

I love the TG73, but would like to experiment with the DG70 last, specifically for the Arran. So I'm excited to see how they look in the wild.

Let me know if you find the toe box smaller because of the tapering in comparison to the TG73.

Looks forward to the pics tomorrow :slayer:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I love the TG73, but would like to experiment with the DG70 last, specifically for the Arran. So I'm excited to see how they look in the wild.
Let me know if you find the toe box smaller because of the tapering in comparison to the TG73.
Looks forward to the pics tomorrow :slayer:

i too love the 73. when my MTOs are ready ill have 2 on the 73, to join the 2 on the 71 and the new 70s.

i tried them on last night and they were insane comfy. no issues at all with toe box. they are a very chiseled pointy last though. not something i think everyone will love in the wild. but i do.

me too!

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i too love the 73. when my MTOs are ready ill have 2 on the 73, to join the 2 on the 71 and the new 70s.

i tried them on last night and they were insane comfy. no issues at all with toe box. they are a very chiseled pointy last though. not something i think everyone will love in the wild. but i do.

me too!

I think in a G width, the DG70 would look great, not too pointy. I feel the same about the deco last, might look into that too. The deco pointiness might be comparable to the DG70, but with a chisel toe of course...

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think in a G width, the DG70 would look great, not too pointy. I feel the same about the deco last, might look into that too. The deco pointiness might be comparable to the DG70, but with a chisel toe of course...

i dream of owning the deco rogers with some small changes one day. ill have to save up and make it a project with nick some day. that would be amazing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads