• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the Antibes, but I don't think they'll fit my size 11 narrow foot. Thoughts?

based on my experience with cannes, i doubt it would be all that difficult for you to make it work

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

based on my experience with cannes, i doubt it would be all that difficult for you to make it work

I don't want to make them work... they need to fit properly. However, I have some regular width loafers that worked out by downsizing half a size. Could you elaborate on the fit of the Cannes?

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I don't want to make them work... they need to fit properly. However, I have some regular width loafers that worked out by downsizing half a size. Could you elaborate on the fit of the Cannes?

by 'making them work' i probably should have alluded to the last they're built on & the fact the 'fix' is minor in my
opinion. with a 'narrow' foot the TG73 would work just fine i believe. if you own other g&g and say purchase
a 10.5UK to achieve an 11US the 'downsize' would work just fine.

in the event they are made using the MH71 last, the overall width may be a very little bit wide for a
narrow fit & possibly have a little heel slip, a little breaking in and the possible addition of a saphir type
leather footbed insert worked just perfectly for me for that problem. personally, i can't handle the toes being
cramped by sizing down too much and would rather use the footbed insert than to try to endure that.

since the antibes has the 'strap' across the vamp any width stretch would likely be minimized regardless of
last

Last edited:

nepats81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow both those arrans look awesome. What would you wear a black chukka with though?

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish Mr. Nick would let us know what the monthly MTO specials were this month. Too many kopp opportunities, and i need to prioritize... :slayer:

Fiddler

Reaction score
I wish Mr. Nick would let us know what the monthly MTO specials were this month. Too many kopp opportunities, and i need to prioritize...
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I think you have to propose.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads