• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

mrbrioni

Reaction score
@gyasih

The Savoy's are my first green shoes and let me tell you they are beauties - you're going to be very happy with them!

Wear them in good health

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are no sucker bro. This is just good taste and a good way to spend money :) I actually love Brioni. Have used there ties for almost 5-6 years now.
Thanks guys!

I'm definitely not the real Brioni, although after doing a little shopping yesterday I'm a total sucker for anything Brioni, Kiton, and Hermes
uhoh.gif

I picked up:

Navy Brioni suede, leather type material short jacket

Kiton light grey dress pants, Kiton pants are most detail oriented pants I have ever seen in my life. Insanity.

2 Brioni sport shirts to wear with recently acquired black Kiton jeans

Loro Piana 85% cashmere 15% silk sweater in some blueish shade.

Hermes tie

Hermes pocket square - gorgeous detailing!

Hermes leather belt in "etoup" greyish/taupish leather on one side and black on the other with "H" belt in orange/silver enamel. I know these belts aren't SF approved, but I love them and own every color combo of the straps that were made in the last 8 years.

I will do my best with pictures a bit later, just a warning my photography skills are not up to par with the rest of the SF world

bamboo

Reaction score
Yes I would recommend the same size as your St James 2. What size are these?

Hi. Nick

My pair is 5.5E. MH71. I have a high instep so heel to instep are snag. Ball joint part was comfortable and now is a little bit roomier. I am trying DIY cut half leather insole, which seems to work well without compromising overall fit of the shoes.

I have Hove on the same last and I feel those looser than St. James. My concern is if I go down to D width, my instep would not fit well.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Until Nick replies,

I pretty sure this is Burnham and the color I think is Vintage Cedar.

I hope Burnham in expresso on MH71 will be part of the non-fee MTO monthly program.

JonathanCWalker

Reaction score
Until Nick replies,

I pretty sure this is Burnham and the color I think is Vintage Cedar.

I hope Burnham in expresso on MH71 will be part of the non-fee MTO monthly program.
It is just seen on Nicks blog

This this could be my next purchase

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Says Vintage Chestnut actually! 
shog%5B1%5D.gif

Indeed that color is giving me a lot of problems. Sometimes it is very light, sometimes it is very reddish, sometimes it is like a real life chestnut such as in the case of Crockett and Jones chestnut antique color. Anyways.

Last edited:

Nick A

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Says Vintage Chestnut actually! 
shog%5B1%5D.gif

Correct. They are Vintage Chestnut. Sometimes it's the style of the shoe that determine the colour. For instance, a style such as Rothschild with so much brogueing requires a lot more antiquing than a plain vamp shoe like this Burnham. The antique cream needs to fill all of the punched holes before they are polished and this darkens the colour slightly. With the plain vamped shoe there is no need for the extra antique cream therefore leaving them this lighter colour. I've seen nearly all styles in Vintage Chestnut and I have never disliked any of the colour variations. It's always stunning!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads