• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
more of the same

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
very nice, N. the vintage cedar is so much prettier irl tho hard to really capture it in a pic.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ true, true. Something else hard to appreciate is how the Gable is made from a single piece of leather. Incredible craftsmanship

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everyone says that, but two weeks now and there has been no reply to any of my e-mails. He is obviously on holiday or something.

LS in Hawaii supplied my first G&Gs, but they don't stock G&G any more. It is difficult to trust anyone else after you have developed a really good relationship with one very reliable and trustworthy supplier.

It is either Nick or bust I guess.

I'll give it one last go

i had the same situation with a G&G i was interested in, no answer so i built it using a website - then ordered it from the swedish supplier.
if they snooze, they loose. you can skin the cat anyway you want, just look around & pay attention.

Last edited:

nycxandy

Reaction score

Everyone says that, but two weeks now and there has been no reply to any of my e-mails. He is obviously on holiday or something.

LS in Hawaii supplied my first G&Gs, but they don't stock G&G any more. It is difficult to trust anyone else after you have developed a really good relationship with one very reliable and trustworthy supplier.

It is either Nick or bust I guess.

I'll give it one last go

Also try contacting him via the website: http://www.bespoke-england.co.uk/pages/contact-bespoke-england-quality-shoes-online.

Last edited:

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Agree. I keep a spreadsheet with info of every pair of shoes I own/owned that includes size info, last, buying price, selling price, where they were purchased, sold (to whom). The spreadsheet is a constant reminder of how i need to sell several pairs and more importantly stop buying new one

Obsessive/Compulsive with a denialist streak.

You've found your true home at last.:lol:

Last edited:

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

^ true, true. Something else hard to appreciate is how the Gable is made from a single piece of leather. Incredible craftsmanship

i wondered about that. thanks for confirming.

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

in the good news section, regarding my gables, the full socks, combined with some dr. scholls inserts (which happen to be really comfy) have done the trick. the shoes will stay, and now fit superbly!
again, huge thanks to nick @ bespoke for facilitating my not having to return the shoes. i am much obliged!

What was the cost of the G&G sole insert?

And congrats on getting the shoes to fit.

Frank the sheep

Reaction score

Thanks for that. Actually, that was the first place I tried.

I may have to wait until Nick begins to post on SF and see if I can corner him long enough to make a purchase.

Somebody mentioned a Swedish supplier, does anyone know how to contact them?

You can contact the new swedish store Skoaktiebolaget (http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se). One of the owners post here under the nickname "Leaves". Very service minded and no VAT for US customers so that shouldn´t be any difference from Bespoke England.

Yes, i posted this directly under your post about BE :D

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads