• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know for a fact that I saw something on the DG70 - I checked the price tag to confirm. I just don't recall which model. Perhaps an SA could figure it out for you. But it looks like majority are TG 73.
Sorry - I realize this is not an entirely helpful answer.

I ordered the westbury, gable, and savoy are all these on the tg73 last? I want to order trees and just want to double check before I order them.
Thanks

lol, i was just curious. i dont think ill be kopping any more right now. i just noticed they all seemed to be in the 73. thanks for your reply. could be the stores have more variety than online.

The Windsor said MH71 (soft square) under the tongue where the size is handwritten, last was also handwritten. The MH71 and TG73 look extremely similar to me. Anyone have the model# on the Biarritz?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Windsor said MH71 (soft square) under the tongue where the size is handwritten, last was also handwritten. The MH71 and TG73 look extremely similar to me. Anyone have the model# on the Biarritz?

thanks! they are pretty similar. if the pics are not angled well, it can indeed be hard to tell.

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Barneys Savoy is Dark Green. Lots of sizes.

Windsor - Single Monk Strap

Saw both, the monk strap in nice.

addedfuel

Reaction score
So it seems that many have taken advantage of the Barney's sales on G&G. On their 2nd mark-down, Barney's have put Savoy and Windsor on sale and seems like SF members have snapped up most of the stock! I'd hazard a guess that we SFers have bought 75% of the sale stock since general public haven't discovered G&G yet. Inventory and sizes are vanishing in front of my eyes over the past 24 hours on the remaining sale stock.

It's a great deal at 669-739$ a pair. I am so glad I bought the Biarritz when I was at Barney's New York on 6 Dec. The salesman told me that Barneys.com displays inventory from the New York store and staff from the online store fill all of their orders from NY store at the end of every day so they have the most updated list. I even had to ask for the sales shoes because they weren't on display whilst regular priced items were. I am so glad I bought Biarritz and since I already have the Gable, I didn't get them. The Westbury looks very similar to Gable and I skipped that.

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Westbury price has gone up again. Is Barney's pricing tied to immediate spikes in demand?

That is, did their system notice a spike in Westbury sales, and hike the price up accordingly?

Last edited:

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So it seems that many have taken advantage of the Barney's sales on G&G. On their 2nd mark-down, Barney's have put Savoy and Windsor on sale and seems like SF members have snapped up most of the stock! I'd hazard a guess that we SFers have bought 75% of the sale stock since general public haven't discovered G&G yet.  Inventory and sizes are vanishing in front of my eyes over the past 24 hours on the remaining sale stock.

It's a great deal at 669-739$ a pair. I am so glad I bought the Biarritz when I was at Barney's New York on 6 Dec. The salesman told me that Barneys.com displays inventory from the New York store and staff from the online store fill all of their orders from NY store at the end of every day so they have the most updated list. I even had to ask for the sales shoes because they weren't on display whilst regular priced items were. I am so glad I bought Biarritz and since I already have the Gable, I didn't get them. The Westbury looks very similar to Gable and I skipped that.  

And to echo this point, I think a lot of SFers are buying their first pair of G&Gs because of this sale. It's a great way to be introduced to the brand.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Westbury price has gone up again. Is Barney's pricing tied to immediate spikes in demand?
That is, did their system notice a spike in Westbury sales, and hike the price up accordingly?

I think they have an 'evil little monkey' with his hand on the lever controlling the prices. It's fun for him to jerk the SF shoe groupies around on a short chain. :embar:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads