• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

addedfuel

Reaction score
it's the lighting plus beige walls. Beautiful shoes still. I'll update with new pics after I've worn them in.

Last edited:

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To my G&G shoes :( Something that can be fixed (it's inside)?

Last edited:

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ouch.

Be careful with those trees!

Linings are always a bit on the soft side (for comfort). I don't these can be completely repaired without sending them back to G&G for a relining.

Personally I would just keep on wearing them. Eventually the lining may wear away - but by this time the shoes will be soft and comfortable you won't care anyway.

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ouch.
Be careful with those trees!
Linings are always a bit on the soft side (for comfort). I don't these can be completely repaired without sending them back to G&G for a relining.
Personally I would just keep on wearing them. Eventually the lining may wear away - but by this time the shoes will be soft and comfortable you won't care anyway.
I was but something came out from the trees from the side (some small pin or something) and just damaged it. Thanks, will just keep it like that :(

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to see that
Perhaps you can let them show pic so they check with trees manufacturer and as a reference in case if it gets worse
Yeah it really sucks. The only thing that can cure me now from not being angry is to buy a pair in suede...

Last edited:

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This seems a good solution to your problem! I suggest polo suede. You might as well buy something that will make ME happy too! :D

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This seems a good solution to your problem! I suggest polo suede. You might as well buy something that will make ME happy too!
biggrin.gif
I had my eyes on St James ll for a long time now. But just bought a AP watch that made me pretty much broke
happy.gif

Oh you know it! One day if many $$ falls in i'll buy you a pair ;)

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found the Deco last to be the narrowest of them all...especially in the toe box area

Tony and Dean have told me that the other lasts have the same room...only difference being the toe box design/shape

Saratorial_Splender

Reaction score

Very impressive indeed, however, we are on the verge of crossing into a color palate that is very difficult to coordinate with 99% of mens sartorial wardrobes. Perhaps more forgiving on the casual side than the formal counterpart. I am more adventurous than most and my choices proves it, but this is too specific for my taste.

What do you think??

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads