• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
probably asked and answered every few pages, but I'm lazy - where do you guys (in the states) purchase?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How is bespoke england with returns? Their website seems a little ominous on that front, since they mention not expecting many returns, etc.

I'm looking at a pair of "Oakhams" in black calf that seem very rock and roll. The problem is I've only tried on G&G once at Leffot and don't remember the model (some black captoe)...don't even remember the size I did, so I imagine there's a chance I'll need to make a return for another size, etc. (I usually wear 41 EUR, so am leaning toward 7.5 UK.)

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping to join the GG ranks, but require some fit help. I am a brannock scale size of 10.5 EE, (typical AE size 10.5 EEE and Ferragamo size 11 EE) and i tried the GG TG73 last in size UK 10.5 F and this was the result:

I was extremely tentative in even getting my foot in the shoe, as the opening did not seem wide enough. The toe room seemed fine, and there was a fullness in the sides of my foot and the vamp, but not extremely uncomfortable. The lacings were just not going to tie correctly, so this is where i gave up on this size.

Would the proper move be to try a UK 10.5 G width, or does anyone have any ideas? :confused:

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping to join the GG ranks, but require some fit help. I am a brannock scale size of 10.5 EE, (typical AE size 10.5 EEE and Ferragamo size 11 EE) and i tried the GG TG73 last in size UK 10.5 F and this was the result:

I was extremely tentative in even getting my foot in the shoe, as the opening did not seem wide enough. The toe room seemed fine, and there was a fullness in the sides of my foot and the vamp, but not extremely uncomfortable. The lacings were just not going to tie correctly, so this is where i gave up on this size.
Would the proper move be to try a UK 10.5 G width, or does anyone have any ideas?
confused.gif

If you are 10.5 EEE on AE, you should definitely be on 11 G in G&G sizing. MH71/GG06 for captoes and narrower toe TG73/DG06 for non-cap toes.

At the very last, try 11E since it should be available from most dealers. G width fitting is usually non-stock and has to be MTO'ed.

Best is to bite the bullet and get bespoke. A whole different construction.

Last edited:

Saratorial_Splender

Reaction score

Could we see pics of the Arran?!?

Dark Brown Pin Grain leather

Double leather sole, metal toe tips

One of the most beautiful chukka boots ever made. It could not fit or look better even if it was bespoke. Perfection!

Unlined upper shaft (similar to John Lobb Ramsey II chukka in suede), 3-piece shoe trees!

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
brilliant. thank you so much. its a beautiful boot, love your makeup

Saratorial_Splender

Reaction score

probably asked and answered every few pages, but I'm lazy - where do you guys (in the states) purchase?

I am in Denver and I go through Nick Anderson at Bespoke England. He is an affiliate vendor on this page, see the links on the right.
He is a joy to deal with and a cusomer advocate with G&G.

Saratorial_Splender

Reaction score

How is bespoke england with returns? Their website seems a little ominous on that front, since they mention not expecting many returns, etc.
I'm looking at a pair of "Oakhams" in black calf that seem very rock and roll. The problem is I've only tried on G&G once at Leffot and don't remember the model (some black captoe)...don't even remember the size I did, so I imagine there's a chance I'll need to make a return for another size, etc. (I usually wear 41 EUR, so am leaning toward 7.5 UK.)

Nick will work with you on any problem, issue, or satisfaction if something come up. I have done over 15 pairs with him. None better.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads