• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cool, thanks man.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

knezz

Reaction score

i believe u are correct, its the SJ.

Looking closer if it is the Saint James it would have to be the first version. I looked closer at the quarters and this shoe doesn't have the styling.

emc894

Reaction score
I am a bit frustrated with G&G.

I almost only wear round toed shoes, and feel the GG06 is to plain and the 07 is too pointy. I have a black Chelsea on the 07 and really only wear it at night because it is so aggressive.

The Deco range seems to be a step further in the wrong direction. Its too bad because the styles, construction and fit are peerless.

Last edited:

Stirling

Reaction score
The Deco range seems to be a step further in the wrong direction.

Absolutely. Unless pointy shoes become the norm (which they never will) many G&G shoes will look awkward in a couple of years, or sooner.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is not an issue for me. :)

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About to take the plunge on a pair of Wigmore boots... First time posting on this thread and I have a lot of catching up...

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Absolutely. Unless pointy shoes become the norm (which they never will) many G&G shoes will look awkward in a couple of years, or sooner.

Compared with someone like Marc Guyot, G&G is really Orphan Annie as far as excessive length is concerned.

ouverture1.jpg

http://www.marcguyot.com

"One man's meat is another man's poison."

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Compared with someone like Marc Guyot, G&G is really Orphan Annie as far as excessive length is concerned.

Very true! I had 2 pairs of Guyot shoes and although they were spectacular, the long toe box in US 7 definitely did not look right. I should say 'Spoo' tacular since I know there is a pair of Guyot's brown spectators in his rotation. :D

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
do any of you still wear allen edmonds after buying G&G's? I can't seem to get the balmora to work with my foot so I am considering buying from another shoe maker BUT I can not justify 700 USD + on a pair of shoes that will not be worn more than 4 times a month. But, I might be able to justify 400-500 USD, do you guys have any suggestions?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads