• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gazman70k
I'll throw these in to the mix. Happy Easter!

standard.jpg

Those are pretty rockin' and I'm not the biggest G&G fan in general. What type of leather is used there? It looks like calf with a subtle texture.

Siwash

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nstar
Still trying to figure out where to buy these in Toronto...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

In order to buy these in Toronto you will need to go to Pearson and buy a ticket to New York.

Despite being the centre of the known universe....you cannot buy G&G in Toronto.

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by H2T
Exquisite shoes. Now someone please remove the can of coke next time.

rotflmao.gif

That was mine. The AC had gone out in Mr. Despos office, and he was kind enough to offer. I do not now, nor never will, claim to be a competent photographer.

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
Those are pretty rockin' and I'm not the biggest G&G fan in general. What type of leather is used there? It looks like calf with a subtle texture.

Hi D, its actually buffalo.

Hope all is well with the family.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Pics aren't great, but as we know we are always excited for a new pair of shoes!
DSC02490.jpg
DSC02492.jpg
Black Hayes with an extended medallion and recessed metal toe plates.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Good question. I love the chiseled toe, but when I placed the order I told myself that my next will be a DG70, Grant maybe. Then of course I walked into the trunk show and saw the Deco line. Now I am like, hmm always room for an even more chiseled last. That Bowlly is looking mighty fine...

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Good question. I love the chiseled toe, but when I placed the order I told myself that my next will be a DG70, Grant maybe. Then of course I walked into the trunk show and saw the Deco line. Now I am like, hmm always room for an even more chiseled last. That Bowlly is looking mighty fine...

I would argue that the deco line is more pointy, but not more chiseled. You get a more chiseled last with bespoke.
devil.gif

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poorsod
I would argue that the deco line is more pointy, but not more chiseled. You get a more chiseled last with bespoke.
devil.gif

I don't know, I guess. When I saw the Deco line in person I felt that they were a little less aggressively pointy than in pictures. I would say that my Corthay and Rider balmoral are the most "chiselled" of any of my shoes and certaintly the most bespoke looking.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Leaves
A couple of shots by Charlie Bennet, snapped with a Hasselblad H3DII-50, of G&G:

Carlyle in Vintage Chestnut:
Nice in Fox Suede:

great pictures!

Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
I don't know, I guess. When I saw the Deco line in person I felt that they were a little less aggressively pointy than in pictures. I would say that my Corthay and Rider balmoral are the most "chiseled" of any of my shoes and certaintly the most bespoke looking.

i dont find deco's too aggressive, they are slightly longer than the regular range but when i compared them to my first bespokes from G&G there are very similar - i find corthay a lot snoutier and pointy

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads