• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

Nick A

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

The new prices on MTOs are in on Bespoke England which has opened up a nice arbitrage opportunity:

Too bad I couldn't go passed the colour choice :D

Claes- Thanks for letting me know. Sorry for this price confusion. I'm currently updating the MTO pages which is nearly done now including some alligators now available. Lizard and stingray will be on there soon. So many choices now!

Also, 6 of the latest styles now available including these Monk Straps: Grosvenor, Mayfair, Regency

http://made-to-order.bespoke-england.co.uk/

Grosvenor

Mayfair

Regency

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I have an issue with my current G&G's (aside from the squeakiness). The left shoe when I walk the vamp bends dow cuts the top of my big toe. Is this just a sizing issue? I was thinking maybe going down a half a size, but in a wider width. Would this make any difference? When I was initially trying on shoes the uk 9 it seemed that my instep was too high, but it fit (laces could barely close) then uk 9.5 fit fine, but I have this toe cutting issue. Any ideas?

Can anybody provide any insight on this?

500deadlift

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I continue to photo bomb my new babies...
06f59134.jpg

Details Spoo Please! :slayer:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Details Spoo Please! :slayer:

:slayer:
Better (not my) picture :

GG Wigmore boot, MH71, Armoury Edition in oxblood calf and suede, with a custom Ethan Desu antique polish using Lobb blue.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:slayer:
Better (not my) picture :

GG Wigmore boot, MH71, Armoury Edition in oxblood calf and suede, with a custom Ethan Desu antique polish using Lobb blue.

Most gorgeous boots ever.

Why the Lobb blue polish though on a oxblood shoe?

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I never would have thought of it either. That was all Ethan. I told him I wanted the toes darker like this pic.

emc894

Reaction score
I really do believe G&G are head and shoulders above any other shoes I have tried, Lobb, Vass, EG etc.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Blue polish over burgundy adds richness to the color. Steven Taffel from Leffot suggested this technique to me once and I like it.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I really do believe G&G are head and shoulders above any other shoes I have tried, Lobb, Vass, EG etc.

I agree. I think Im going to wear these puppies again tomorrow, all this talking. LOL

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Can anybody provide any insight on this?

Had the same issue with my Decos but it dissapeared after a few wears. So can't really help you, sorry.

Nice! I love the deco and on this shot they look much better than the photos on GGs website
Do you wear them outside in Sthlm now eventhough there is a lot of small stones on the street?

It's a hard wait is it not Claes? :) Yes, I wear them despite the gravel. With the ice and snow finally gone from the pavements in Stockholm it's Deco Time. :D I think Allde is getting a new G&G shipment in this week... G&G Stock Line models.

How is C&J shoes compare to G&G? 

How does a Volvo compare to a Ferrari? Yes Volvo is a decent car but if I can afford a Ferrari, ah, well...

cliche

Reaction score
Are the prices for G&G shoes online the same? Or is there some good website were I can get it cheaper? Thinking about buying a pair just to see what i'm missing...

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have yet to receive this, but will post more pictures when they arrive.

I really like that gray. EG recently also made a boot like that with a colour they call slate. Does anyone here have a pair?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics