• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

SteveL91

Reaction score
I ordered an Arran in Oak Hatch a couple of years ago and it looks like a cross between Rioja and Espresso. I almost sent them back and sort of wish I had. My Arran hatch Glencoes are darker than yours but yours can be easily fixed. Enjoy.

Thanks! On the website, the Rustic Arran looks more like a burnt orange, which is what I was hoping for. I'm still happy with the makeup, but I need to try and see about darkening it a bit.

unprocessed

Reaction score
My MTOs from February finally came in! I may have gone a bit overboard ( :)), but I wasn't sure if there would be another MTO promotion. I'm already thinking about what will be next.

I had hoped the Rustic Arran would be a touch darker, but I can probably do that myself. It does, however, look incredible with the urban commando sole.

Look great, but why did the MTO take so long? My Feb MTO got delivered in May!

SteveL91

Reaction score
Look great, but why did the MTO take so long? My Feb MTO got delivered in May!

Honestly, I don't know and since I haven't been going into an office too much as of late, it (thankfully) wasn't a huge issue; I asked for an update at the end of July, and they were waiting on one more pair to be finished. I decided to wait until all four were ready rather than doing multiple shipments. I'm kinda guessing they wanted to space the pairs out so they didn't fall too far behind on other orders?

GrahamM

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Mind if I ask a sizing question? I'm interested in buying a used,in excellent condition Arran chukka...size 8E (UK), MH71 last. No access to try them on.

I have a high instep and narrow heels. Own the following (all UK sizes) - with fit comments:

Zonkey Boot, Classic last (I guess like St. Crispin's classic last?), 7E Chukka boot, ...Best fit, not tight, not loose. Really comfortable.
Trickers 4497S, 7.5F, derby shoe...heel slip, more pronounced on right foot
C&J 341, derby shoe, 7.5E...slight heel slip on right foot, left fine.
TLB Mallorca Goya 7E, derby shoe, fine fit.
Cheaney 11028, Chelsea boot, 7.5F...pretty loose and need to wear thick woolen socks.

Would a chukka in MH71 8E (UK) just slop around too much on my feet?

Cheers,

Graham

VegetaCT

Reaction score
Hi everyone, does anybody know if GG's pigskin has waterproof feature comparing to calf or hatch grain? I was told by someone but still not sure. Thanks.

shoefan57

Reaction score
Hi everyone, does anybody know if GG's pigskin has waterproof feature comparing to calf or hatch grain? I was told by someone but still not sure. Thanks.
I have one pair in tan pigskin and would say they are a bit more water resistant than calf skin by virtue of the nature of the density of pigskin. However they are not waterproof nor do G&G make them so, at least as far as I know.

VegetaCT

Reaction score
I have one pair in tan pigskin and would say they are a bit more water resistant than calf skin by virtue of the nature of the density of pigskin. However they are not waterproof nor do G&G make them so, at least as far as I know.
Thanks a lot! May I ask if using in drizzle occationally, among pigskin, hatch grain, pin grain and highland grain, which you would recommend?

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this stitching normal?
76184EBA-B62F-47B7-86E5-3F099CFE5B18.jpeg
5B6E67A0-EF7B-440F-AAC2-E79F21D086A7.jpeg

Starlito

Reaction score
Actually there is the same on a reseller website. So it could be normal after all :)

edit : ggdecoman instagram picture too. You are safe then :)

Attachments

• 2F2A8DBD-EB23-49B9-96DB-60D0934BD30E.jpeg
    2F2A8DBD-EB23-49B9-96DB-60D0934BD30E.jpeg
    105.7 KB · Views: 260
  • E735C0E7-AB94-4A3F-B01F-B66B6E71DA08.jpeg
    E735C0E7-AB94-4A3F-B01F-B66B6E71DA08.jpeg
    788.7 KB · Views: 284

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.