• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

gzheydey

Reaction score
Just an update to my previous post. I took it to the Saville Row store and they confirmed that it was just a bit of excess polish. Simon in the store was very helpful and gave a good brushing all around. It looks much better now.
Are you sure? Because mine StJii had the same problem. To me it's just bad part of leather selected.

unprocessed

Reaction score
Has anyone had problems slipping? I wore a new pair of St James II to the symphony and almost killed myself on the marble floor. I wrote it off as the floor, but then experience the same thing wearing them a few weeks later at the mall. Would adding taps help?
G&G soles are the worst I’ve had on marble floors. Don’t have this issue with my Meccariellos. Adding sticky rubber non-slip pads did help, but I still walk carefully.

dbshoelover

Reaction score
Are you sure? Because mine StJii had the same problem. To me it's just bad part of leather selected.
Hi, thanks. I thought it was the leather as well and I wasn't sure myself whether it was the polish because none of my other pairs (any of the EGs, JLs, GGs) had such issue but I perhaps went with what Simon said, albeit unconvincingly. Thanks for picking this up and did you take it to the store as well? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

dbshoelover

Reaction score
I must agree that it looked more like a leather issue than a polish issue to me
Thanks Pal. I thought so as well and hence was concerned but reluctantly accepted store's advice. I may have to take it to them again and ask them to look into this a bit more closely. It is unacceptable for them to just brush this off. Also, it has not been worn more than 3 or 4 times in total so to get that kind of crease, it is certainly not normal.

ajay199127

Reaction score
If I am UK8 on sq deco Sinatra, should I size down for a kn14 loafer? Thanks.

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone see this? On the G&G FB page the poster described his MTO as "a pair of Thorpe with a captoe". Not sure how Thorpe could be anything other than a split toe model, but I'm very surprised G&G agreed to produce a Galway clone.

If one wants a field boot and is willing to pay G&G $, why not get the original?

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone see this? On the G&G FB page the poster described his MTO as "a pair of Thorpe with a captoe". Not sure how Thorpe could be anything other than a split toe model, but I'm very surprised G&G agreed to produce a Galway clone.

If one wants a field boot and is willing to pay G&G $, why not get the original?

Gg can do what ever you want them to do including make you a Galway clone. But it comes down to your relationship with them. Go back on the thread & check out some amazing single mto I have & few other ppl have done.

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gg can do what ever you want them to do including make you a Galway clone. But it comes down to your relationship with them. Go back on the thread & check out some amazing single mto I have & few other ppl have done.
I certainly don't doubt G&G's ability to produce a field boot as nice as the Galway ... I'm just surprised Tony agreed to copy a design made famous by EG. I'm of course commenting without seeing finished product. G&G flair could very well help the boot stand apart from the Galway.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I certainly don't doubt G&G's ability to produce a field boot as nice as the Galway ... I'm just surprised Tony agreed to copy a design made famous by EG. I'm of course commenting without seeing finished product. G&G flair could very well help the boot stand apart from the Galway.
This is a non-issue. The style has been used in many British country boots. Below is Alfred Sargent (now Paul Sargent) with a similar pattern. What made the Galway trendy was when EG started to make it on the 82 last and customizable. I double EG's model was the 'original' (but I could be wrong).
alfred_sargent_kelso_1_wirnznqs3bdtmczj_1.jpg

unprocessed

Reaction score
My MTO from the February sale arrived today. Savile in chestnut leather and lizard, square deco last and wensum sole. And a pic comparison with my other pair of Savile in the DG70 last.

Attachments

mina262

Reaction score
My MTO from the February sale arrived today. Savile in chestnut leather and lizard, square deco last and wensum sole. And a pic comparison with my other pair of Savile in the DG70 last.
what’s the color of your other Savile?

Featured Sponsor

What's the biggest deciding factor for you when making a clothing purchase?

• Style of an item

• Price of an item

• Material of an item

• Brand

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ldmarketing