• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You don't know how much this makes me remember the regret I have in buying my Rioja Westminster's from Paul Stuart in the wrong size (uk11 instead of uk10.5) and having to sell them :(
I actually know the feeling all too well. This is my second attempt at a dark burgundy wingtip. The first was an EG Malvern in nightshade that came out too small. That was really disappointing after waiting 4 months for them to be made. G&G oxfords in any of their 4 non deco lasts fit me better than the 82 last so I switched sides. These are on the TG73 and I am pumped.

I hope you one day replace those Westminsters.

papado

Reaction score
I actually know the feeling all too well. This is my second attempt at a dark burgundy wingtip. The first was an EG Malvern in nightshade that came out too small. That was really disappointing after waiting 4 months for them to be made. G&G oxfords in any of their 4 non deco lasts fit me better than the 82 last so I switched sides. These are on the TG73 and I am pumped.

I hope you one day replace those Westminsters.
I replaced them recently with a pair of EG Inverness in burgundy antique which again were a replacement of a pair I bought through BB a half size too big (I don't follow EG sizing of 1/2 down from US; I do a full size...). Guess we're star crossed brothers in burgundy wingtip land! I'll cop a pair of Westminsters eventually to go full circle at some point...

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I replaced them recently with a pair of EG Inverness in burgundy antique which again were a replacement of a pair I bought through BB a half size too big (I don't follow EG sizing of 1/2 down from US; I do a full size...). Guess we're star crossed brothers in burgundy wingtip land! I'll cop a pair of Westminsters eventually to go full circle at some point...
We definitely are because I started with a pair EG Inverness and wanted something darker. Lol.

ant922599

Reaction score
February promotion now live - MTO upcharge waived (or free trees if ordering RTW).

No code needed - shoes are discounted automatically in the basket ?

Now the hard part - deciding on which shoe!.....

Last edited:

unprocessed

Reaction score
February promotion now live - MTO uncharge waived (or free trees if ordering RTW).

Ughhh. I was set on a pair of RTW Acme quarter brogues that are being crafted and will be back in their inventory in the next month or two and this now gives me a very difficult choice to make.

BomTrady

Reaction score
A massive 'Thank You' to Simon, and everyone at @gazianogirling involved in the creation of my Optimum Wrens.. they couldn't have turned out any better.... and the fit turned out even better than I imagined.... outstanding! I can see a RTW/MTO pair happening in the not too distant future.. More than chuffed! ?❤
'Absolutely, beautiful! May I ask what was the turn around time from order date to completion? Was is closer to 16 weeks or 12?
Thank you.

ant922599

Reaction score
Got these at the sample sale a couple weeks ago, and had Tom at the Jaunty Flaneur install metal toe tips.

Whoever didn't take up their deco lasted Oxfords in margaux patina, if you're on here, I thank you - they've come to a good home.

Now I REALLY have to make some room in my closet :D
View attachment 1746120
Lovely! I think I recall seeing these, but sadly not my size.

I like Tom a lot - he did a great job re-soling my pair of Holdens recently, and also helped further darken a pair of Gables originally supplied in Midnight blue.

Still keen to try a patina or two - just need to decide which pair!

@grc1 do you happen to know whether Tom (or anyone in London) can competently install Triumph toe tips?

unprocessed

Reaction score
Margaux SJII came in today. The patina is stunning and hard to capture in photos. Think it’s the perfect color for the SJII, I like them more than vintage cherry. These were actually RTW, I lucked out on selecting the patina because they were out of stock in my size. Only “strange” thing is the heel and edge and are brown like in the RTW vintage cherry, but imagine some black cream can take care of it.

Attachments

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
February promotion now live - MTO upcharge waived (or free trees if ordering RTW).

Another pair of Thorpe for me. This time with exposed eyelts and speed hooks and on Ridgeway (or possibly double wensum)

Flake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking about another pair of Burnhams. Got to decide between Criollo and Beluga…

Featured Sponsor

What's the biggest deciding factor for you when making a clothing purchase?

• Style of an item

• Price of an item

• Material of an item

• Brand

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meivfger