• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

Resoling

Reaction score
people from usa: have you guys been hit by import duties when ordering gaziano girling shoes above 800 dlls?

papado

Reaction score
people from usa: have you guys been hit by import duties when ordering gaziano girling shoes above 800 dlls?
I have not on my recent orders but I know other folks have. I think it's partly luck and partly how they fill out the paperwork...

Reaction score
Picked these St James II up from eBay - initially a bit on the fence about keeping them as the left fit is a bit loose, but just love the colour too much to send them back now. Should be easily fixed with an insole.

Easy to see why these are G&Gs best seller - really a beautiful shoe, and cherry is a tragically under-represented shade.

Attachments

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have not on my recent orders but I know other folks have. I think it's partly luck and partly how they fill out the paperwork...
It's been a while but I believe the cutoff is $800; G&G uses DHL if I remember and I believe I always paid for it (which was unfortunate as the shipping costs were quite high).

sforum1

Reaction score
Picked these St James II up from eBay - initially a bit on the fence about keeping them as the left fit is a bit loose, but just love the colour too much to send them back now. Should be easily fixed with an insole.

Easy to see why these are G&Gs best seller - really a beautiful shoe, and cherry is a tragically under-represented shade.
Are the F width?

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, which is good for the right foot but a bit roomy for the left. But E width is good for the left but a squeeze on the right. So in summary, an E.5 would be nice!
I was watching the same pair. Very nice... wear them in good health, sir.

Kr373

Reaction score
I just purchased a pair of St. James in a 9E UK. They are a little snug, especially the right foot in the toe box. The best fitting shoes I currently own are both C&J Handmade on the 337 last which were both very tight at first, to the point of being very uncomfortable after an entire day, but after 3-4 wears, they are perfect and I keep them on for a few hours even when I get home to relax. I called the Saville Row store this morning and I spoke with a gentleman who looked at a last chart which said the St James should be the same size as my CJ’s. Do you think these will break after a few wears, I may not need to exchange. I’m worried they wouldn’t according to what I’ve read about GG’s softer leather not breaking much.

Last edited:

papado

Reaction score
I just purchased a pair of St. James in a 9E UK. They are a little snug, especially the right foot in the toe box. The best fitting shoes I currently own are both C&J Handmade on the 337 last which were both very tight at first, to the point of being very uncomfortable after an entire day, but after 3-4 wears, they are perfect and I keep them on for a few hours even when I get home to relax. I called the Saville Row store this morning and I spoke with a gentleman who looked at a last chart which said the St James should be the same size as my CJ’s. Do you think these will break after a few wears, I may not need to exchange. I’m worried they wouldn’t according to what I’ve read about GG’s softer leather not breaking much.
My Rothschild shoes took a while to break in and are now very comfortable so it's certainly possible.

Only part I'm not sure about is someone at G&G saying their sizing is the same as CJ? I wear a half size larger in G&G than a standard UK size but I know some people wear it in the same size (just like how I wear my EGs in UK size 1 full size down from US and don't use their half size conversion). Guess that's the magic of everyone's feet being different :)

Featured Sponsor

Friday Challenge "Suited and Booted" VOTE NOW

• An Acute Style

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • Bernoulli

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Brennenman

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • cr2596

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Crafty Cumbrian

Votes: 7 12.7%