• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

Starlito

Reaction score
Reminds me of a conversation i had at jm weston. A few years back i was asking them if they planned to have any discount/sale.
They replied « no » but regarding the annual price increase that was due a few months later, they told me that buying right now was a discount on the future price. 🤪😂

dukenukem4ever

Reaction score
Maybe AE hasn't raised prices but seems to me like they've cut costs (lowering quality of their products, only giving one dust bag as opposed to two, shifting more production overseas). Personally I'd prefer G&G raise prices by 5% vs lowering their standards to cut costs.
I think there is a video floating around on YouTube where AE has made it clear that their main line (Park Ave Fifth Ave etc.) of shoes at not outsourced at all and made start to finish in USA. Can’t remember which YouTuber or specific video or whether it was a video 😂.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It also could be that gaziano wanted to thank customers who were supporting the business during covid.

TokenMao

Reaction score
I think there is a video floating around on YouTube where AE has made it clear that their main line (Park Ave Fifth Ave etc.) of shoes at not outsourced at all and made start to finish in USA. Can’t remember where I saw it.
Could very well be, tbh I don't really follow AE closely or buy their shoes anymore. My broader point being that even though AE hasn't raised prices, they have cut costs so the net directional effect is the same. You made this point already but the business models aren't 100% comparable. My guess is that AE / Caleres cares much more about maximizing profits than G&G given their respective sizes, segment of market, and ownership. I don't view the price increase as off-putting or money grubbing or anything like that, if you believe in the proposition of high-end english RTW shoes (GYW construction, price point of 1k+) then this probably doesn't change that.

GANGY

Reaction score
i might get flamed for saying this but anyway I think it's kind of cheeky to raise all prices by 45 gbp, sure it's a "slight" raise compared to the overall price of a G&G shoe but I still think it's cheeky as f**k. I won't be buying anything from them lol.
i might get flamed for saying this but anyway I think it's kind of cheeky to raise all prices by 45 gbp, sure it's a "slight" raise compared to the overall price of a G&G shoe but I still think it's cheeky as f**k. I won't be buying anything from them lol.
You are cheap and petty as fxxk. Sounds like you are the cheeky one saying crap like that whilst not even owning a pair. Why even bother posting here when you are not interested with their products?

sforum1

Reaction score
I won't be buying anything from them either. Where is the price increase coming from? You wish. Increase the price by another $100. And why stop there? Heck, these shoes are dirt cheap by comparison while they are the best in the whole world, second to none.

sforum1

Reaction score
You are cheap and petty as fxxk. Sounds like you are the cheeky one saying crap like that whilst not even owning a pair. Why even bother posting here when you are not interested with their products?
And why even bother yourself posting when you shouldn't talk? You are the rich guy with half your assets accumulated in G&G shoes. Other people own stocks, you own G&G shoes, we get it.

Starlito

Reaction score
And some are complaining about a 45gbp raise 🤪😇

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Threads of Apollo Leather Jackets: Which 2-tone colourway do you like the best?

• Blue

• Red

• Gold

• All of the Above

• None of the Above

Results are only viewable after voting.