• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

Encore

Reaction score
For someone who hates wearing his own socks and shoes, it is interesting to see how curious he becomes about my gyw shoes always. Maybe he has an eye for quality.

View attachment 1175977

Got these neat little ones for him for like 25-30 euros and he would not wear them for more than a couple minutes lol.
This is a nice pair of chukka, I can image some DADDY KID same wear photos already.

Encore

Reaction score
Guys, need your help, just received my Cannes, the instep is a bit annoying me, how would you evaluate the fit?
64FACF3A-E990-4E22-BD95-071126BD78A9.jpeg 330B19A0-3FB0-4585-A906-6381F63AAF53.jpeg

GeoffreyB

Reaction score
5 different G&G oxford designs in 5 different colours and 4 different lasts from last week. From L to R:

- Cambridge, vintage cedar, MH71
- St James II, vintage cherry, MH71
- Westbury, vintage rioja, TG73
- Sinatra, black hatchgrain, DG70
- Gable, dark blue patina, deco square

View attachment 1182890
5 different G&G oxford designs in 5 different colours and 4 different lasts from last week. From L to R:

- Cambridge, vintage cedar, MH71
- St James II, vintage cherry, MH71
- Westbury, vintage rioja, TG73
- Sinatra, black hatchgrain, DG70
- Gable, dark blue patina, deco square

View attachment 1182890
Are you the same size in all lasts?

daizawaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another full resole to make my GG Ishams comfortable. The double leather sole was extremely uncomfortable and stiff. The cork was replaced, the midsole made thinner, and a full rubber sole stitched on. A comfortable and useful shoe at last! Perfect for wet weather and winter, but a perfect dress shoe with durability too.

Attachments

CLTesquire

Reaction score
What's everyone's thoughts on a medallion for the Arran?

I'm going with either oak hatch or rioja hatch on double wensum but have no real feelings on the medallion question.

grc1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's everyone's thoughts on a medallion for the Arran?

I'm going with either oak hatch or rioja hatch on double wensum but have no real feelings on the medallion question.
Hmmm ... I'd ditch the medallion on the Arran, especially with a textured leather - I personally think there's enough going on and a medallion would be overkill to me, but that's my personal taste.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.