• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

Ecstasy

Reaction score
Would like to seek sizing advice from the learned folks here. Based on EU41 in the Vass F last and EU41.5 in the U last, what UK size is recommended for the DG70 last?

To add, I am generally a US8.5D.

Further, is G&G's chestnut a tad light? Unsure how well it goes with black, navy or dark grey trousers.

Last edited:

heelguy

Reaction score
Would like to seek sizing advice from the learned folks here. Based on EU41 in the Vass F last and EU41.5 in the U last, what UK size is recommended for the DG70 last?

Further, is G&G's chestnut a tad light? Unsure how well it goes with black, navy or dark grey trousers.

GG generally size down .5 from US size. I am an 8D US and take a 7.5E GG. Chestnut is a little light for darker colors in my opinion.

Ec21kb

Reaction score

Tricky to judge given vass sizing can vary pair to.pair in my experience. But I have 43 in the u last and take UK 9E in the GG DG70

linr

Reaction score
Hello all ! I found this amazing forum and you provided me a lot of info on Gaziano Girling. Now I notice the belt for the Boots in Vintage Rioja Calf & Highland Grain - TG73 color doesn't match up and at present time I can't even order the belt online as it's out of stock. Can someone provide me an alternative to this belt color ? I check Equus belts and the Australian Nut look some what similar. Can someone provide me some guidance on this ?

sforum1

Reaction score
Sorry to interrupt, may I ask you about the fit between this AC and 71?

I am 8E in GG06(snug), and 8.5E in deco.

Interested in getting a pair of AC loafer but not sure about sizing.

Thank you
Sizing for AC is all over the place. Wasted a lot of money on them and still cannot find a pair that fits properly. I have a pair that is 10.5 and is too big and a pair that is 10 and no way my foot can fit in, to give you to understand. I have to say that AC shoes are overrated and in my opinion not worth the money you have to pay for them.

What is appealing about them to many is the fact that they are not so ubiquitous as other brands. They make a lot fewer pairs per year and possibly GC see that as their license to charge more. I'm personally done with them for life.

I know you asked about sizing advice but my sizing advice is try them before you buy them and if buying online make sure you can return them easily.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sizing for AC is all over the place. Wasted a lot of money on them and still cannot find a pair that fits properly. I have a pair that is 10.5 and is too big and a pair that is 10 and no way my foot can fit in, to give you to understand. I have to say that AC shoes are overrated and in my opinion not worth the money you have to pay for them.

What is appealing about them to many is the fact that they are not so ubiquitous as other brands. They make a lot fewer pairs per year and possibly GC see that as their license to charge more. I'm personally done with them for life.

I know you asked about sizing advice but my sizing advice is try them before you buy them and if buying online make sure you can return them easily.

Thank you, I really appreciate your honest feedback!
I do find most of the sizing guide shared on this forum a bit "all over the place" too.
I like their shape and really want to add them to my collection. guess need to find a retailer that's easy to return then.

Thanks again.

sforum1

Reaction score
Thank you, I really appreciate your honest feedback!
I do find most of the sizing guide shared on this forum a bit "all over the place" too.
I like their shape and really want to add them to my collection. guess need to find a retailer that's easy to return then.

Thanks again.
These guys.
https://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/designers/george_cleverley?sortBy=price-desc

Check their return policy and if you like it pull the trigger on a pair.

But wait. The AC and GC lines have very different fits. Don't assume an AC pair will fit like a GC pair. The GC pairs fit like C&J.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These guys.
https://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/designers/george_cleverley?sortBy=price-desc

Check their return policy and if you like it pull the trigger on a pair.

But wait. The AC and GC lines have very different fits. Don't assume an AC pair will fit like a GC pair. The GC pairs fit like C&J.

Thanks, probably wouldn't buy stuff at Porter... lol, there's another retailer on Ebay that carries AC, price is decent.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your advice, I think I should've PMed you on this question, given this is a GG thread...

Apologies to anyone if found discussion on AC in this thread annoying.

sforum1

Reaction score
Thanks, probably wouldn't buy stuff at Porter... lol, there's another retailer on Ebay that carries AC, price is decent.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your advice, I think I should've PMed you on this question, given this is a GG thread...

Apologies to anyone if found discussion on AC in this thread annoying.
The guy from Australia?

GazianoGirling

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I (Javier, from the Savile Row team) own a pair of U last Vass in 41.5 and go for 7.5 E in GG.

The Chestnut is very light, sort of a light tan. If you’re looking for a tan that doesn’t have as much contrast under grey or navy, I’d go for Cedar as it’s not medium brown but not as light.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I (Javier, from the Savile Row team) own a pair of U last Vass in 41.5 and go for 7.5 E in GG.

The Chestnut is very light, sort of a light tan. If you’re looking for a tan that doesn’t have as much contrast under grey or navy, I’d go for Cedar as it’s not medium brown but not as light.
Hi, may I ask if GG may come to Toronto for a trunk show this year (or next year)? Asked the question twice on INS but maybe it's buried by tons of other messages. lolz

GazianoGirling

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi, may I ask if GG may come to Toronto for a trunk show this year (or next year)? Asked the question twice on INS but maybe it's buried by tons of other messages. lolz

I’m afraid the northernmost we go lately is Chicago, but we shall inform Dean and Tony that they’re wanted in Canada, and hopefully arrange something.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m afraid the northernmost we go lately is Chicago, but we shall inform Dean and Tony that they’re wanted in Canada, and hopefully arrange something.
Thank you for your kind response.
I know that Mehra from Vancouver carries GG and can do GG MTO.
However as I am interested in a pair of string loafer and they are generally harder to size, that's why I am hoping to get my size right through trunk shows. Hoping to see you guys visiting Toronto:)

GazianoGirling

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you for your kind response.
I know that Mehra from Vancouver carries GG and can do GG MTO.
However as I am interested in a pair of string loafer and they are generally harder to size, that's why I am hoping to get my size right through trunk shows. Hoping to see you guys visiting Toronto:)

Send us an email to [email protected]. We can arrange to send a fitting shoe and stuff like that!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads