• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been working on a Thorpe MTO and the amount of choices have only led me to a single realization: I’ll need two thorpes. Alas, only one for now so we’ll see. I’ve come to the thread for some enabling, if you gents don’t mind. My request is to please share any and all pictures of your Thorpes! :slayer:

Not very exotic. But very awesome.

orig.jpg

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not very exotic. But very awesome.

orig.jpg

Very awesome is the perfect way to put it. It was this boot (found on your IG) that had me realize, ideally, I'd have two thorpes: one in a plain calf with 270 welt and another in a grain with a 360 welt. Its a gorgeous boot that can certainly hold a candle against any exotic counterpart.

View attachment 1067116
@KPDarb this is for you sir enjoy. Love my glenco.

Can always count on you, ttown, thank you. Those kudu? They look awesome I recently remembered they offered this cap toe boot but haven't seen many iterations of it in recent past. I noticed they released that stock master grain version which you can make into four different colors. The vintage cedar color would be great but my preference is a 360 storm welt with rubber soles on such a boot.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Cheers - that sounds like a plan, just try for different shades between the smooth calf and grain. I had the #firstworldproblem of these boots and a pair of brown Kudu Thorpes arriving within weeks of each other. Ended up selling the magnificent Kudu pair because they were close enough to be duplicates (for me anyway).

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is a longshot but...Does anyone happen to have a pair of Urban Commando's they'd consider selling or trading in a UK8.5E (or UK9E potentially)?

I live near the arctic circle and these would really help me out...

(PS: I have stuff to trade as well... NIB Alden Ravello Boots, EG MTO's, other GG's)
Actually, not as big of a long shot as you might think...

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very awesome is the perfect way to put it. It was this boot (found on your IG) that had me realize, ideally, I'd have two thorpes: one in a plain calf with 270 welt and another in a grain with a 360 welt. Its a gorgeous boot that can certainly hold a candle against any exotic counterpart.

Can always count on you, ttown, thank you. Those kudu? They look awesome I recently remembered they offered this cap toe boot but haven't seen many iterations of it in recent past. I noticed they released that stock master grain version which you can make into four different colors. The vintage cedar color would be great but my preference is a 360 storm welt with rubber soles on such a boot.
You can get them made to your specification. But just do a single made to order.

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Cheers - that sounds like a plan, just try for different shades between the smooth calf and grain. I had the #firstworldproblem of these boots and a pair of brown Kudu Thorpes arriving within weeks of each other. Ended up selling the magnificent Kudu pair because they were close enough to be duplicates (for me anyway).

Quite a problem to have, indeed. I find myself always leaning toward burgundy/red-brown color leathers and imagine ill have a similar issue eventually.

Question for the forum:

Anyone who wears the same size in GG06 and EG 82E, does the GG have a slimmer heel than the EG? I tried 82E today and while the forefoot is okay, the heel/arch has a tad too much volume.

Thanks all

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quite a problem to have, indeed. I find myself always leaning toward burgundy/red-brown color leathers and imagine ill have a similar issue eventually.

Question for the forum:

Anyone who wears the same size in GG06 and EG 82E, does the GG have a slimmer heel than the EG? I tried 82E today and while the forefoot is okay, the heel/arch has a tad too much volume.

Thanks all
I take 8.5uk for all gg last (GG06) & 8.5uk for all eg last including 82 last. Yes gg heel is definitely lot slimmer than eg. Gg fits like a wet suit that’s the best way to put it. And heel is lot smaller than eg.

nickrut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm remembering what happened on this thread the LAST time they had a sale ... :hide:

Lol... valid. Hopefully they do it again. Couple of stock models I like this time around.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads