• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

grc1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
41252119_220466572155954_3056197023858137326_n.jpg

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Greetings! Question for attendees of previous Gaziano & Girling trunk shows - are the shows for committed buyers only? Or is it acceptable to browse, maybe try on models, and possibly purchase if something catches my fancy? I'm interested in the Crompton loafers, and would welcome the chance to try them. That said, unless they (or another model) really get my heart pumping, I'd probably pass.

Speaking of the Crompton loafer - in the respective Permanent Style article, Simon Crompton indicates the RTW price at £1,225 without VAT, while, G&G’s other RTW loafers are £900 - can anyone confirm this price? (I know, I can reach out to the Savile Row store, just thought I’d check here first.)

As ever, thank you!

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Greetings! Question for attendees of previous Gaziano & Girling trunk shows - are the shows for committed buyers only? Or is it acceptable to browse, maybe try on models, and possibly purchase if something catches my fancy? I'm interested in the Crompton loafers, and would welcome the chance to try them. That said, unless they (or another model) really get my heart pumping, I'd probably pass.

Speaking of the Crompton loafer - in the respective Permanent Style article, Simon Crompton indicates the RTW price at £1,225 without VAT, while, G&G’s other RTW loafers are £900 - can anyone confirm this price? (I know, I can reach out to the Savile Row store, just thought I’d check here first.)

As ever, thank you!
Going to trunk show you can see all the swatches & new limited time leathers. But you also get to try on E, D & F width shoes & boot. If you are serious about buying loafer. Why not go to the trunk show see things. Try them out out & buy it. Price will be the same regardless were you buy the shoes. And I don’t think you are obligated to buy any thing. But might as well, since you are putting time & effort.

Forthemy

Reaction score
You are so persuasive,gentlemen.
Order a Hover in DG70 of Deco Black. Waiting for it……

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going to trunk show you can see all the swatches & new limited time leathers. But you also get to try on E, D & F width shoes & boot. If you are serious about buying loafer. Why not go to the trunk show see things. Try them out out & buy it. Price will be the same regardless were you buy the shoes. And I don’t think you are obligated to buy any thing. But might as well, since you are putting time & effort.

Fair enough advice. Just seeing if there are any official/unofficial rules or expectations when attending a Gaziano & Girling Trunk Show, as I'm not 100% sold on the Crompton loafer, while I went into my G&G other purchases knowing exactly what I want...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics