1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Apr 7, 2011.

1. TtownMD

TtownMD Distinguished Member

God I love gg, because of their low instep none of Italian makers work for me. Unless I go made to measure route.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018 at 3:53 PM

2. jrb666

jrb666 Senior Member

I've a pair of Montand IIs, with another on the way. They are my favorite G&Gs to wear. Very comfortable.

Unlike m'colleague above, the Montand IIs don't feel like boots to me, at least not like the Burnhams and other boots in my rotation.

3. Easily Amused

Easily Amused Senior Member

Oh my, with all this positive feedback, it's getting harder to resist...

4. jrb666

jrb666 Senior Member

Okay, you're resisting, but weakening.

Let me sweeten the deal.

Montands (or Montand IIs, my preference) can be dressed down to wear with almost anything casually, but they can be dressed right up to wear with any suit, short of formal.

Boot comfort in a dress shoe equivalent.

In fact, as you're getting dress and casual shoes for the price of a single pair, you'd be saving money by buying them.

;)

5. TtownMD

TtownMD Distinguished Member

So for me burnham fits snug & wraps my feet’s like a thick leather socks. In montand I get same exact feeling but shaft is lower. Yes gent above is correct you can dress it up or down. GG english grain is good option also feels like butter, soft feeling & molds to your feet easly. Hope this helps but dam good boot or shoe etc.

6. saurabh

saurabh Senior Member

The fit of the Montand is very comfortable and snug as said by the gents above. But I also like my Deco Montand with the covered leather elastic which makes it an even better snug grip for me fit wise and look wise I like it more too.

B418370C-CD8A-489A-97B8-8743FD09B73E.jpeg

7. grc1

grc1 Distinguished Member

That's a good sign. I have a high instep and fairly pronounced ankles, and in my experience the stitching around the throat of the low demi-boot styles doesn't allow the leather to "give" as much in the instep/ankle area as it would with a Burnham, so it's torture for me. If you didn't find you needed to break in your Burnhams much before they conformed comfortably to your instep, I'd guess you'd be fine with a demi-boot. But if your Burnhams took a deal of wear before they were comfortable around the instep, I'd have a chat to @GGSavileRow.

8. Easily Amused

Easily Amused Senior Member

Thanks again for your help, gents. I'm getting closer and closer to that Montand/Montand II. Any pictures in the wild of you wearing these?

9. clee1982

clee1982 Distinguished Member

psa: Paul Stuart has very limited number of GG on sale, very limited size though uber cheap, like less than Barneys last time kind of cheap (all on TG73 or KN14)