• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As Tony G.
When he was with Edward Green he had some bullfrog leather samples in his portfolio.
(Can't remember, if he actually did turn the leather into shoes, either as a sample or for a client.)

i have tad some samples of bull frog it is a weird skin - i will have a look and see if i have any, BS i remeber those shoes they were on the old LL site

Ty_Webb

Reaction score
Woohoo - my shoes have arrived. Just need to snag a time to go get them :)

I should have some pictures up over the weekend :slayer:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Woohoo - my shoes have arrived. Just need to snag a time to go get them :)
I should have some pictures up over the weekend :slayer:

awseome man!

has it been 5 months yet since i made my order, i cant remember, it seems so long.

Ty_Webb

Reaction score

awseome man!
has it been 5 months yet since i made my order, i cant remember, it seems so long.

Cheers dude. I ordered on June 22nd and they showed up December 8th, so five and a half months. :)

Yours will be here before you know it :) Just remember, absence makes the heart grow fonder

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
have any of you experienced the TG73 both in a shoe and boot form? It seems as though the boot fits slightly smaller. Am I crazy?

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

have any of you experienced the TG73 both in a shoe and boot form? It seems as though the boot fits slightly smaller. Am I crazy?

Yes - :laugh:

I take 1/2 size down in the boot v. shoe. :confused:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ seriously? I had the Hayes in a UK11e and fit great. I am trying on the Wigmore in UK 11F and they are half a size small

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gaziano & Girling Wigmore size UK11F

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks, i feel sick myself. They are a half size too small

" "

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes -
laugh.gif

I take 1/2 size down in the boot v. shoe.
confused.gif
^ seriously? I had the Hayes in a UK11e and fit great. I am trying on the Wigmore in UK 11F and they are half a size small

I don't understand. So jhcam8 size down half from shoes to boots. And NAMOR feels boots at the same size of shoes are half size too small (at width of at length?).
patch[1].gif

Shouldn't the last be consistent across boots and shoes, at least below the ankle line?

@ namor, sorry those boots didnt work for you. why not return them to BE?

p.s., I got a pair of boots at 10E, and they are half size too long with generous width. I am 9G as measured by Tony (but feels 9F will probably work better). 9E works too but slightly tight across metatarsal...

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i feel that tony will always be more generous when it come to fit, rightly or wrongly, from my own humble expirance i think that he will never quote i size on the tighter size, as i'd feel that my BS's are on the 8F size, but in RTW i'd wear their 8E without issue, however the break in period is longer with the RTW than BS (pls note BS shoes do have a break in period - thro' it is less painfull than RTW :embar: )

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man ya'll got some wide feet. I'm an 8D, and the heel is still not as tight as I would like.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads