• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

racing green? as far as I know we are have different width on same last for group mto, or may be I am wrong?

Yes for racing green

You need to have 5 of the same widths before different widths can be added

mcl911

Reaction score
Yes for racing green

You need to have 5 of the same widths before different widths can be added

at least we still have two weeks for more people who are interested, lets see what we got.

I should have ask people for their width as well...

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

even for your size?? Isn't a boot for you like a shoe for @NAMOR

Dude, you're the man. I didn't even think of this and Patrick thinks it should be possible! Now I just need to figure out what size to wear.

If my best fitting shoes are 6F in TG73 wholecut/cap toe oxfords and 6E in 202/606 Dover lasts do you guys think I should go with 6E in Thorpe or 6F in Thorpe?

Last edited:

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dude, you're the man. I didn't even think of this and Patrick thinks it should be possible! Now I just need to figure out what size to wear.

If my best fitting shoes are 6F in TG73 wholecut/cap toe oxfords and 6E in 202/606 Dover lasts do you guys think I should go with 6E in Thorpe or 6F in Thorpe?

6.5E... so you can pass it on to me when you're done with them. :)

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know there's a bunch of GMTO ideas floating around right now. But would anyone be interested in an Isham in Vintage Oak? Double leather sole, soft square last. The timing for the Dover is unfortunate, and this proposed Isham seems like just as great a shoe to me, especially if it is the shade of that restocked Gable on Skoak's website.

I've heard one interest so far. Any takers?

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

6.5E... so you can pass it on to me when you're done with them. :)

Lol, if the Hoves fit I might have. For some reason my wigmores fit in 6.5 but not the Hoves.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw your B&S... maybe because it's a blucher? I want the Thorpe but it's too similar to my Acorn CC Galway... rationalization baby!

Now the EG Wholecut in the other hand...

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, that makes sense. Isn't the EG wholecut on 890 though? You don't know if that will fit or not. I hear reports that it's a weird fit.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

racing green? as far as I know we are have different width on same last for group mto, or may be I am wrong?

Lol I would probably be down but I'd be an F too.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but it's a fair opportunity to try the new last. It's just I also hesitate buying black with EG since their burnishing is what I like.

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can wear an 8.5d UK with a full leather sock liner in EG or a 8E US? Best advice for fitting as it relates to the mh73?

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for anyone with any GGs in either Hatch grain or Highland grain:

How has the grain leather broken in, in comparison to a pair in crust leather?
How is the finish on the grain leather, in comparison to a pair in crust leather?

I am debating the aesthetic intrigue of the grain leathers (which i really like), against their long term appearance. It will be hard for me to pass up on crust for my Arran spree, but i'm willing to consider the possibility... :decisions:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads