• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Unless you are quite conservative, you can use this chukka with some great jacket & trouser combos, in the SF beloved blue & grey color scheme. This deco black Arran will be on the more formal side of my business casual rotation. I find the chukka to be a kind of derby evolution, and I will be replacing all of my derbies going forward...

Wait, you're replacing your hove with a chukka? Insanity!

emiristol

Reaction score
G&G Mailman GMTO

Let's Get This Done Before it becomes even more expensive.

Model : G&G Rothschild
Last : MH71
Soles : Ridgeway
Welt: Storm
Color : Chestnut Hatch Grain

This is a winterized version of Gaziano & Girling's classic Rothschild oxford. With a storm welt and Ridgeway soles, it's tough enough to get you through rain, sleet, snow, and anything else that the season may throw your way. Made in beautiful chestnut hatch grain, it pairs well with blues and greys.

Participants so far, for this GMTO:

@dddrees
@CHRK33

Expressed interest

@NAMOR
@budapest12

mark me down as having expressed interest in an f-width. is the delivery time the normal ~6 months? also, what's the price?

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
G&G Mailman GMTO

Let's Get This Done Before it becomes even more expensive.

Model : G&G Rothschild
Last : MH71
Soles : Ridgeway
Welt: Storm
Color : Chestnut Hatch Grain

This is a winterized version of Gaziano & Girling's classic Rothschild oxford. With a storm welt and Ridgeway soles, it's tough enough to get you through rain, sleet, snow, and anything else that the season may throw your way. Made in beautiful chestnut hatch grain, it pairs well with blues and greys.

Participants so far, for this GMTO:

@dddrees (E)
@CHRK33
@emiristol (F)

Expressed interest

@NAMOR
@budapest12

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I was told that you have to get it in the Deco last in order to get the Deco black calf when I requested an MTO.

All i know, is that I have a MTO Wigmore from a couple years back on the TG73 last in Deco black calf, and any time i have inquired about it recently (with two different vendors) they have confirmed GG was ok with it at no up charge.

It would be good to have @Leaves confirm this though, so we can more forward with the specs...

There's been a recent change in policy from G&G in regards of both the Deco last and Deco Black, I'm trying to get all the facts together now for you guys.

Flake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

JS, looks nice but what hole does a deco black chukka fill? Trying to picture why I would need this boot in my rotation.
Speaking just for myself, this time of year I am in some form of grey flannel (light, mid, dark, suit, odd trouser) almost every day. These would be a great option for my winter wardrobe.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Speaking just for myself, this time of year I am in some form of grey flannel (light, mid, dark, suit, odd trouser) almost every day. These would be a great option for my winter wardrobe.

Agreed.

For myself, i just don't have the "suit everyday" job that would require me to dress conservative business dress. It just makes sense for me to embrace the more casual side of CM options, and chukkas just fit this aesthetic better IMO.

Sure i can be orthodox about it, and denounce a black chukka for being a contradiction. But, it simply fits my particular style of dress, and i think the deco bleaching keeps this make-up from taking itself too seriously...

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

There's been a recent change in policy from G&G in regards of both the Deco last and Deco Black, I'm trying to get all the facts together now for you guys.

Ok, so here's the new policy in regards of the Deco line. Tony and Dean decided to make some changes because there's been a lot of cross-breeding between the normal G&G line and Deco and they feel the Deco has been slightly diluted.

• Deco Black can be used on Deco shoes only.
  • A new color that is similar to Deco Black has been introduced and it's called Pearl Grey. This can be used with normal G&G styles. Yours truly has of course ordered a pair of St. James in Pearl Grey, I feel it's my duty to the community to investigate this new color. :happy: However, I have no IRL pics of Pearl Grey yet.
  • The Deco last can be used with normal G&G styles, but there will be a surcharge (about 2400 SEK ex VAT). Only available as single MTO.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, well i guess that ends this GMTO.

Sorry guys, and thank you all that offered to participate... :(

member2000r

Reaction score

Ok, so here's the new policy in regards of the Deco line. Tony and Dean decided to make some changes because there's been a lot of cross-breeding between the normal G&G line and Deco and they feel the Deco has been slightly diluted.

• Deco Black can be used on Deco shoes only.
  • A new color that is similar to Deco Black has been introduced and it's called Pearl Grey. This can be used with normal G&G styles. Yours truly has of course ordered a pair of St. James in Pearl Grey, I feel it's my duty to the community to investigate this new color. :happy: However, I have no IRL pics of Pearl Grey yet.
  • The Deco last can be used with normal G&G styles, but there will be a surcharge (about 2400 SEK ex VAT). Only available as single MTO.

@Leaveshere you are, but it's vintage pearl grey

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads