1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, e

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Apr 7, 2011.

1. armsignet

armsignet Senior member

I would be down for tg73 last

That is two. I'll cross-post on Skoak's thread.

GMTO anyone: Burnham in Vintage Rioja MH71 or TG73?

2. armsignet

armsignet Senior member

Quote: Whoops, missed this. I will contact Denis and see what the price and availability is for the Burnham in VR.

3. mw313

mw313 Senior member

just another great Burnham in a great suede! But then again, I should expect nothing less from you! haha

4. mw313

mw313 Senior member

I agree!!
    I can't wait to see it! The black and grey is classy but still stands out as an amazing spectator style.

5. mw313

mw313 Senior member

I love it! This is an amazing combination for a great style.

1 person likes this.
  6. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Thank you sir you are too kind @mw313

7. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

That would work also if you get the price quote from
    Dennis please let me know thank you.

8. DeSense

DeSense Senior member

That's what I'm afraid of. Feeling bad whenever I see them for no other reason than knowing there is a flaw. Which is a 70:30 at the moment. Either way, will (need to) make that final call in the next few days.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  9. Steven Cash

Steven Cash Senior member

They are lovely. Congrats.

Did you request the G&G stamp on the inner heel rather than the stylized Deco writing?

1 person likes this.
  10. Steven Cash

3 people like this.
  11. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

Brb going to check tongue alignmemt on thorpe's

12. Crowther

Crowther New Member

[ATTACHMENT=12383][ATTACHMENT=12384][ATTACHMENT=12385]image.jpg (1,379k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT][/ATTACHMENT][/ATTACHMENT] First post first wear :)

13. heelguy

heelguy Senior member

those are beautiful.

14. Crowther

Crowther New Member

Thanks Heelguy I've had them for ages but they were almost too awesome to wear so been stuck in the cupboard

15. NewStart

NewStart Senior member

Interestingly enough I got similar experience as @Steven Cash 's.

When getting a response of Dean, eventhough I was unimpressed/unhappy, I thought that I was probably overly demanding/perfectionist since everyone else had positive experience with him.

(you know what I mean, the first time you paid such amount of money for an item that you used to pay much less , your expectation will be set very high)

Since that accident, I am actually still admiring the design of the shoes/last, but I have less and less confident on the making of the shoes. I decided to only buy when I can try on and feel the shoes .

I guess it is just a common problem when businesses grow and market will adjust accordingly.

16. DeSense

DeSense Senior member

@Steven Cash

Thanks for sharing. Only in doing that can we get a feel of the matter at hand and possibly influence something.
    And I'm definitely interested in pics of the misalignment. If on the same boot and side it might indicate a flaw in the pattern, which in turn should be an easy fix going forward.
    Mine came from the same source and no flaw in handling my issue by them whatsoever.

Suffice to say will also check the inner finish closely next.

Shame that SkoAB discontinues EG. All my 5 pairs are flawless and just perfect. When looking at StC I have my reservations regards finish and leather quality.

@NewStart
    Fully with you, when paying that kind of money, perfection is a must, simply mandatory. It can't be that the outcome is anything but. That's simply my expectation. If a flaw is revealed in due course, fair compensation should be offered, from reasonable discount to full refund. I would think that's common sense and standard everywhere.

PS: Need to add that I have a pair of Ishams, single MTO from earlier in the year, and they are beauties.

17. SoGent

SoGent Senior member

that's why I asked. they may be too sharp IRL but not in the photo

1 person likes this.
  18. nickrut

nickrut Senior member

Ttown are you sure those are deco? That looks a lot like the tg73 to me and those shoe trees aren't the deco shoe trees that I'm used to seeing. I could be way off but just curious

19. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Yes sir those are deco, gatsby is only made in deco last in a Mto. Tree are not color full like red or black because those options are only available to you in London store. If you get them in state that option is not given for some reason. This is what I was told not an expert & box said deco :D

20. Steven Cash