1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, e

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Valfunde

Valfunde Active Member

Yet another GMTO and I realize this may be a long shot, but ohhhhh boy, am I hurting for an oxford boot. Anyone interested in doing a GMTO with Canterbury via skoaktiebolaget?

Specs:

Canterbury Model with GG06 last in standard width (E)
    Sole: oak bark preferably but I'm fine with the other two as well
    Leather: chestnut hatch grain top with vintage cedar calf bottom or oak hatch grain top with vintage rioja calf bottom OR oak hatch grain bottom with a polo suede on top
    Also a little note: not sure if they have chestnut hatch unless that's the tan hatch grain but it doesn't hurt to ask and do people want to keep the brogue toe cap or go for a plain one? Of course, that is if we don't get hit with fees anyway.

I pretty much want something in hatch grain.

http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/pages/gaziano-girling-made-to-order
    http://www.gazianogirling.com/pages/made-to-order (bigger pictures)

chesnut hatchgrain: https://www.khakisofcarmel.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Shoes111.jpg
    vintage cedar: https://www.khakisofcarmel.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Shoes61.jpg
    oak hatch grain: https://www.khakisofcarmel.com/shop-page/shoes-2/gaziano-girling-oak-hatch-grain/
    vintage rioja: http://leffot.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/DSC_0008.jpeg

2. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I was hoping F Crew would succeed, given the interest for GMTOs, maybe we can hope for some compromises to reach a style? I can be in for basically any F-width make up, preferably on MH71 but willing to compromise if you guys have 5 confirmed and only need one more.

3. jrb666

jrb666 Senior member

That's a very helpful leg up. Leaves.

I'll have another go.

Gable.

MH71.

Suggestions for colours:

• Vintage cherry - calf.
    • Navy blue - calf.
    • Espresso - calf

Or anyone game for hatch grain?

Single leather oak bark sole.

Lining?

Probably not necessary, but this is what a Gable on the MH71 last looks like. It's just a superb shoe.

http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/products/gaziano-girling-gable-in-vintage-oak

4. laufer

laufer Senior member

This is what espresso calf with green lining looks like.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. jrb666

jrb666 Senior member

Thanks laufer.

British racing green makes everything better.

6. jrb666

jrb666 Senior member

7. nycxandy

nycxandy Senior member

Has anyone from the U.S. purchased directly from G&G? They ship via UPS so I'm wondering if custom/brokerage fees are included or have to be paid on top separately? Thanks!

8. patliean1

patliean1 Senior member

I'm making an earnest effort to hold off doing another Vass MTO until the fate of our Gable has been decided. Needless to say my will power is fading.

Gable

MH71

I prefer Navy, BRG, or even Polo but I'd be open to anything except Cherry, Cedar, Chestnut, or Espresso.

Single leather oak bark sole.

9. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Okay, let's test that theory.

I propose the following as an F WIDTH GMTO

Model: Arran

Width: F

Last: MH71

Colour / Material - smooth or hatch grain calf in any shade of brown from light to dark. So, not green blue or purple and not suede.

Sole: Wensum preferred but not a deal-breaker

Lining: Don't care, it's lining.

Who's in?????

10. Staffer18283

Staffer18283 Senior member

11. stevent

stevent Senior member

I bought a pair directly from Dean, I had to pay customs though they did mark package somewhat customer friendly, just not enough (cost of boot was high though so maybe normal shoe is better?)

Not sure how their online store works though as it's through Nick at Bespoke England now I think

12. mw313

mw313 Senior member

I'm happy that they worked out for you. We all are hear to help and since a few of us know a bit more about GG than others, we are always willing to help in any way we can.

2 people like this.
  13. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

Any thoughts on getting these repaired?

[​IMG][​IMG]

14. daizawaguy

daizawaguy Senior member

Cream, polish and brush will get those scuff marks settled down, and will add to the character. No repair will work I`m afraid IMHO. Brush, brush and brush again...

1 person likes this.
  15. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

OK - just ordered some Saphir items from THP and a couple deer bones. Thanks

16. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

I had to pay about $30 to UPS Brokerage for duty. There are ways to handle that at the shipper, but G&G apparently isn't interested. I believe Nick now works for G&G, along with Karen, in the online sales dept and also runs his own business sans G&G.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  17. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Are you sure those boots are the right size? Unusual creasing point

18. Tony Yang

Tony Yang Well-Known Member

Hey Guys, has anyone have and difficulties getting in contact with Nick recently?? I ordered a Deco MTO Chester early Dec. and I still haven't gotten the payment link or order confirmation email.

19. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Nick had a huge JL sale so it appears that has been taking much of his time. He's a good guy but it's busy time with sales.

Interesting this thread has severely slowed down recently. Maybe it's time to wear some G&G to get pics going again.

20. mw313

mw313 Senior member

I think it is because it was just the holidays and many of us are waiting for many different MTOs amd GMTOs to come in first.

Give me a few minutes and I'll see if I can post so,e pictures of my most recent pair that I haven't had a chance to post yet.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016