• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

nioh

Reaction score

No suede...need something different.  Who's gonna organize the GMTO? lol.  

@nickrut @PCK1

Also in on a light coloured one. Chestnut, Pine or Cherry would all be awesome.

Last edited:

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys,

Anybody interested in G&G Gable on MH71 last in Deco black calf.

This style

In this color, keep in mind we can customize fading effect.

So far we have three interested

@armsignet
@nickrut

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It must vary, because the toe box feels the same for me. I'm curious if the DG70 would feel any tighter or the same as well...

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Even in the mh71? I find the toe box to be a little bit wider than the tg73

It must vary, because the toe box feels the same for me. I'm curious if the DG70 would feel any tighter or the same as well...

Definitely it varies and that is why my Wigmores are on sale :angry: I wen a half a size up and they are too long now.

Jubei you should be fine with DG70 IMHO, I wear DG70 and MH71 just fine but TG73 box is very restrictive on my toes.

nickrut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find the deco and tg73 to require some break in for me and the mh71 to fit great out of the box.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jubei you should be fine with DG70 IMHO, I wear DG70 and MH71 just fine but TG73 box is very restrictive on my toes.

You would think that since the DG70 seems to tapper more, the toe box should be tighter. Ironically, the TG73 seems to be tight for a lot of people, when typically chisel toes have roomier toe boxes... :confused:

Last edited:

Flake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Toes are fine in E width. Ball is a little tight and I have a high instep (biggest issue really)

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chisel toes have less roomy IME.

And gotta take into account how different toe patterns impacts the fit, e.g., cap toes most constraining, than wingtips, then plain toes without any additional toe leather pieces.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big deals to be had at the Harry Rosen outlet.

Gaziano & Girling for RLPL (Garrick model) down to $275. Which is roughly $240 US.

Last edited:

labravajazz

Reaction score
Are these in store only? I checked the Harry's outlet site for sale listings but don't see the RLPL shoes there?

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are these in store only? I checked the Harry's outlet site for sale listings but don't see the RLPL shoes there?

Hey guys, I can do a group proxy if I can get at least 3 people on board.

I saw sizes:

7.5uk/8

9uk/9.5

And possibly larger.

Chestnut and dark brown colours.

Some minimal shop wear.

Note that RL GG shoes are 'D' width.

Will charge small proxy fee + shipping.

terrorsquad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Othertravel, the Garrick is a lazyman right?Was there any UK8 available?If yes I may be interested.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads