1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, e

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Apr 7, 2011.

1. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

50/50 and pay all up front are all standard fair.

The other really isn't that much different than 50/50 in my opinion.

Besides this is a luxury item if you cant afford to pay in cash you really might want to reconsider what your doing. Just saying.

2. mw313

mw313 Senior member

i completed agree. I love skoak over all other stores of all types of items, not even just for shoes! they have everything that i could hope for in a store with the phenomenal staff above all others.

Yes having the SF involvement also is a plus above just the very fast email response that Gabriel gives.

Yes those special makeups are amazing. I have three different pairs being made in Kudu, just because of Skoak.

3. mw313

mw313 Senior member

i agree in that since it is a luxury item, one should be able to pay to make it right to purchase. but then again, many people don't make smart purchases when buying luxury items.

but i like 50/50 just to make sure that i see the item finished before paying the final fees.

4. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

I don't think I can say I've ever received anything but great service when purchasing shoes like G&G or St Crispins from other stores prior to Skoak, but it really is the more personalized service and the items I mentioned elsewhere that makes Skoak exceptional in my opinion and the best option for me..

5. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Very well said sir agree 100% :slayer:

6. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

I agree totally If it was up to me I would :Dpay full price upfront but I guess all places pay half now & other half on delivery.

7. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

That may be the published offer, but you can always pay in full upfront. I've done that many a time or paid the balance before it being due at some point later. I've done this with many a vendor, and sometimes received some sort of discount by paying in full up front. I don't know of any vendor that isn't more than willing to take full payment in advance.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  8. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

I agree I have done that with Skoab with my shoes for,G&G :D

9. mw313

mw313 Senior member

of course. now a discount for paying in full would be amazing too! then they get their money upfront and we get a little break.

10. mw313

mw313 Senior member

i completely agree! they are at least a step above all others and certainly deserve all of the sales that they get from us on SF.

11. chogall

chogall Senior member

So no bitcoins, blood, or kidney.

12. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Only via the Black Market. LOL

13. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

14. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

Not really. It's not about not affording it it's about being liquid. Plus what if they hold onto it 6 months and they have a reject and no more special leather or they screw up your order and need to issue a refund? Better to have half in rather than all in. Especially if it takes a year to get you your items. Buy 10k worth of shoes, better generating interest on it than having it sit with them.

I have 3k sitting with a crappy leather jacket maker that I paid in full up front with that I will never get back. Has no incentive to make the jacket.

2 people like this.
  15. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Yes, this certainly is even more of an issue when your buying in batches of ten.

Not quite such a big issue when buying just one or two.

16. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

Seriously, you respond way too fast lol. I am always editing my post when you post.

17. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Who buys one or two shoes lol

18. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Oops. LOL

19. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

At a time, I do.

20. mw313

mw313 Senior member

i just pay 50% up front for that reason but I also don't just buy one or two at a time. I have 4 MTOs (maybe more in a couple of weeks) all by GG, 1 custom last MTM/MTO by St. Crispin's and finishing up a bespoke (Perry Ercolino) so i prefer to keep some in the bank and invest during that time, just as @Ironist stated above.

1 person likes this.