1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, e

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Apr 7, 2011.

1. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Very nice & thank you for sharing

2. NewStart

NewStart Senior member

Thank @j ingevaldsson

One question - You mentioned in the blog that the fit is a bit tight for this particular trial pair, but from the cut out picture there seem to be massive space left in the toe box. Does it mean that that top of the toe box space does not really affect the fit? I have always wondered how can human feet fit into the elongated last and this is my first ever chance of seeing this

3. j ingevaldsson

j ingevaldsson Senior member

Cheers!

Thanks! Yeah the part in front of the big toes is probably the easiest to get right, where they were tight were for the pinky toes on the sides. In front of the big toes it's often said that you should, as mentioned, have about 2,5-3 cm in general for most types of lasts, if they aren't very round, then it can be less, or very pointy, then more, to generalise things.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  4. mw313

mw313 Senior member

Great shots of the process!

2 people like this.
  5. j ingevaldsson

j ingevaldsson Senior member

Thank you!

6. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

Honestly, this was very useful. I've been doing this and after you get the hang of it it's really convenient. I might just go speedhooks and get extra laces from now on, thanks.

1 person likes this.
  7. mw313

mw313 Senior member

Wow I've never tried it that way before. It seems easy too!

1 person likes this.
  8. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

That's how I have been doing my laces lol but I wasn't sure if it's correct way or not but guess it was :)

9. chogall

chogall Senior member

You be surprised about how many are using regular lace tying method for speed hooks. Kinda defeats the purpose.

10. grc1

grc1 Senior member

Picked up the first 3 of 5 incoming from Nick at Bespoke England. It's better than Christmas, and I can't say I've ever looked forward so much to wearing them to work next week! :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My Deco collection - with the 3 new additions, 9 pairs and counting

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Strand in dark racing green calf
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Strand in espresso calf
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Mitchell in black calf
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Still to come - Strand in black calf and Holden in deep v chestnut. Can't wait! :slayer:

8 people like this.
  11. nickrut

nickrut Senior member

How do you like your deco Chelsea? Were they extra expensive for deco?

12. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

I was about to ask the same thing and is that mink suede or mole etc

13. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

The racing green is awesome!

14. mw313

mw313 Senior member

I'm loving the choices that you have made!!!!!!!

Were you getting all of those shoes as Deco or were some of them standard MTO but on the Deco last to save some cost?

15. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

If anyone is in the Philly area there will be a Gaziano & Girling trunk show at ToBox in Center City Phila.

Where: Tobox, 25 S 19th St, Philadelphia, PA 19103
    When:
    Fri., Oct. 2nd from 1pm - 8:30pm and Sat., Oct. 3rd from 10am - 6pm.

I'll be there from around 5pm and on. If anyone can make it, I'd love to hangout.

16. mw313

mw313 Senior member

Hey I just saw that email from G&G too!

I was thinking of next friday after work too! I'm back in Philly next week, since the Pope will be gone, so that could be perfect for me too!

I don't know a set time yet but I would think somewhere around 4:30-6:00 PM depending on patient load for the day. That would be great to get a bunch of the local Philly area SFers to attend and meet up in person.

Are you going to let Tobox know a time and your sizing so they can have shoes in or are you just going to look at what they offer in terms of materials,etc. ?

17. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

I didn't get an email from GG....haha.

I am friends with the owner and he has been planning it for a while. Was supposed to be earlier in the year, but it got postponed.

It'll be me and another member, so the more the merrier!

18. mw313

mw313 Senior member

Yes Tung told me a while ago as well, so thankfully it is finally going to go off.

Let's hope that other members will join us and post on here so we can try to actually meet up.

19. grc1

grc1 Senior member

The Burnhams are mole suede. For a Chelsea boot they're pretty sharp - they're stunning in lots of ways, but perhaps too sharp in some contexts.

I fucking LOVE RACING GREEN. A total convert here.

They are all Deco standard - wasn't an option when I ordered them to do "regular" on the deco last. Would consider it in future.

20. mw313

mw313 Senior member

So for next year we should try to get a GMTO of the Jodhpur on the Deco last! I think that would look great and I've already checked and been told that we could do a nice brown shade and have the strap be in Gator to add some great texture without raising the price too much.

I would like to wait until after the holidays to put it through though, because i am waiting to finalize my width/size for the more narrow toed lasts first. I don't want to take a chance that a Jodhpur on the Deco (regular on Deco last or full Deco if needed) could be either too wide or too narrow for me if I just take a shot in the dark. haha.

I love the Racing Green too. I plan on getting a pair in that sometime in the near future as well, but i want us to be able to go ahead with the Gable in Midnight blue on the TG73 last first. I know that @TtownMD is in already, but who else?