1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, e

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Apr 7, 2011.

1. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

There's a number of things that I like about these boots. The fact that I've been meaning to get a split toe boot for one, the fact that the apron is hand
    sewn is two, they are in grain is always a plus, and the fact that this Last works so well is another.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

Look great as I scrolled down I thought...where is the watch then the last picture confirmed the post was an authentic ddd post.

3. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Thanks

My two biggest passions, just seems like they should go together.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  4. daizawaguy

daizawaguy Senior member

My new Harrow`s from Skoaktiebolaget - great service from these guys, outstanding actually - reply to every mail and even refunded me promptly after a double order of shoe trees (wanted original G&G`s for my Kudu Ishams). Shoes left Sweden on Monday, in Japan by Saturday. Thanks guys

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Very nice.

I can't tell you how many times I almost purchased these, but then again my size wasn't even available LOL

Great looking shoe though.

6. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Very nice bud congrats

7. Zapasman

Zapasman Senior member

I have been crazy to get this boot in Arran grain. However, seeing Tallcane´s chesnut Hatch calf I am even more. Unfortunately I do not have the money to proceed now.

My wait will be long. Not a problem.

My fav boot by far, so congrats all of you and hope fit is perfet!!.

8. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Thank you sir and as I have said elsewhere I'm not sure I would want this and the Isham in chestnut Hatch calf as that might be a bit too close to each other. But I can certainly see why you also like the chestnut hatch Isham.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  9. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

dddrees lovely boots love the watch & boot combo buddy.

10. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Thank you sir.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  11. daizawaguy

daizawaguy Senior member

I have a question - I`ve been told that G&G fit is consistent through the different lasts at the same size - that is an 8 1/2 E is the same in different models and even say the Deco last, and same in slip-ons or laces and boots. I got my Harrow yesterday, and I was surprised it was considerably shorter than my only other current G&G, the Barclay. However, upon trying the shoe, the fit was great, and it would seem that the different in length is inconsequential. Is that the general experience? And is the statement about size being the same amongst lasts generally true?

12. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Yes I felt the same way as you before but yes if you find your size they should all fit the same bud. Minus the toe area space depending upon last to last.

13. daizawaguy

daizawaguy Senior member

Many thanks to clarify this. I`ve been searching the net, and just fully realized that any G&G model is available for a small premium on a Deco last. Would not a GMTO on a Deco last (as against the full Deco) not be a great idea?

14. grc1

grc1 Senior member

Music to my ears! Always up for a Deco last discussion. What'd you have in mind?

15. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Can you actually do this with a GMTO though?

16. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

It's a substantial surcharge. But G&G are looking into maybe allowing some styles to be made up on the Deco last. Nothing confirmed though as far as I know.

No, only as single MTO.

17. grc1

grc1 Senior member

18. nickrut

nickrut Senior member

Would anyone be interested in a stingray Gmto?

1 person likes this.
  19. daizawaguy

daizawaguy Senior member

Stingray is only available in Sinatra or Cooper - unless I`m missing something, I`m not sure there are any financial advantages of ordering as a group - Deco cannot have GMTO, and the Sinatra would have no advantages as well?

20. Nick A

Nick A Senior member

The new rebuilt G&G website will be up and running soon with some nice Deco lasted stock shoes online. I will also help create some GMTO's on the Deco last. Any requests / ideas at this stage? Maybe even on the new Round Deco last?

1 person likes this.