• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very interesting wing tip design though it occupies a bit too much toe and vamp space in my opinion.

The patina is good but the watermark on the quarters does appear like typical water stain. Sole painting/tattoo looks very good as well but this looks more like display shoes

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Very interesting wing tip design though it occupies a bit too much toe and vamp space in my opinion.

The patina is good but the watermark on the quarters does appear like typical water stain. Sole painting/tattoo looks very good as well but this looks more like display shoes

I think this is meant to be a pairing of the world map. I agree they are much more for display than actual wear.

Last edited:

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It took me a bit to work it out, but the G&G site has captions for dunces like us who don’t get it:

LL

Singapore

LL

Europe

I still prefer google-map!

Keen

Reaction score
Interesting. That's the home countries of Daniel Wegan and Kevin Seah. Except a lot more waters added or flooding Thailand and Cambodia.

Only the lower part of Sweden is visible though.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
damn. pretty impressive. that rabbit is amazing...

too bad you can't wear the shoes........ otherwise half the artwork goes down the drain

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

damn. pretty impressive. that rabbit is amazing...

too bad you can't wear the shoes........ otherwise half the artwork goes down the drain

Hopefully it's just a bespoke display for show, and they will take it along on their trunk show...

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Great looking boot.

I want it but am a bit concerned it's too narrow. I think MH71 is more narrow and lower instep than carmina rain,right? I am
alden barrie 8D
EG 64 8UK
Carmina Rain 7.5UK

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want it but am a bit concerned it's too narrow. I think MH71 is more narrow and lower instep than carmina rain,right? I am
alden barrie 8D
EG 64 8UK
Carmina Rain 7.5UK

If you can get it sized correctly I think this one would work for you. That's my biggest concern with G&G, their sizing seems to be a bit more difficult than EG. This boot seems to have a bit more character than the Nevis with the extra stitching on the boot.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
Great looking boot.

alden barrie 8D
EG 64 8UK
Carmina Rain 7.5UK

I've found the MH71 to fit similar to the Rain last, with similar width and instep space. Here are my shoe sizes:
Alden Barrie: 8.5D
AE 108 & 65: 9D
Carmina Rain/Forest/Inca: UK8
G&G MH71 and TG71: 8.5E

Of these, the MH71 and Rain feel the most similar to me on foot.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
alden barrie 8D
EG 64 8UK
Carmina Rain 7.5UK

@Leaves posted this a while back:

Carmina
Rain: UK 8
Forest: UK 8
Oscar: UK 8
Robert: UK 8
Simpson: UK 8.5
Uetam: UK 8.5
Detroit: UK 7.5
Soller: UK 7.5
Queens: UK 8

Edward Green
202: UK 8 E
82: UK 8 F
184: UK 8 E
888: UK 8 F
606: UK 8 E

Gaziano & Girling
TG73: UK 8 F
MH71: UK 8 F
DG70: UK 8 F
GG06: UK 8 F

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of MH71, I love it. I was concerned with the narrow talk, but the UK E is perfect (same as my EG sizing / up a half from Rain). Awesome leather quality.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads