1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, e

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Apr 7, 2011.

1. mw313

mw313 Senior member

Oh I definitely well and plan on going there eventually. I've spoken with Renzo (?) quite a few times and he tried to do what he could, but it was just a concern because he isn't a store that could compare fitting between other brands to have a good starting point either.

2. mw313

mw313 Senior member

thanks for posting and don't forget that the difference would be in that the toe, facing, and heel would be the vintage cherry, with the rest being the kudu, so it would be quite unique and not interfere with the medallion either.

So just keep checking and if it is able to go through, you can join in. Would you have interest in either the MH71 or TG73 in the E width?

3. mw313

mw313 Senior member

That is what i was thinking about, except that the colors are quite different.

No my bespoke ones are by Perry Ercolino.
    Well at least for you, the styles of shoes are completely different from the Isham to the Two tone Walkton so it wouldn't make a difference. They mean because I have the Kudu thorpe coming in which is almost a boot version of the Isham.

i agree with you, as almost always!

4. Easily Amused

Easily Amused Senior member

Ah, I think I get it now. So it's opposite of my Walktons, the textured leather (kudu in this case) would be the the vamp and sides, not the smooth cherry, which would be the toe, heel, and lace section (facing?)? Hmmm, that does nudge me a bit more over the fence in favor. (Still TBD, my wife and I have our Reception next Saturday, and catering, seating, etc. ain't cheap... ) I like the TG73 looks and I know it, but would happily try an MH71. As long as it's 12E. Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  5. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

Burnhams just landed. These are by far the most beautiful shoes / boots I own... Pics to follow.

6. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Congrats Ironist & looking forward to those wonder full pic.

7. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

Do we think kudu Ishan can be worn with trousers and sportcoats or is it too casual for that?

8. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Cool, can't wait to see your pictures.

9. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Imo you can rock them with trousers & sports coat that's what I am doing & going to were them with.

10. nickrut

nickrut Senior member

Love mine too. How do you plan on wearing them

11. stevent

stevent Senior member

Yeah it's actually quite soft / comfortable. Still a tough leather though just more flexible. I'm slightly tempted to get rosewood version but would prefer a wingtip like the leffot one or Woburn though it doesn't seem like that would get six.

12. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

As soon as @Ironist posts those Burnhams, we might need to start a GMTO re-order for that pair. The more I think of my gaps, I could seriously use a cedar GG shoe... :fu:

13. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

So do any of you gents know when you pay for pre order & postal cost for your G&G shoes through soak dose that money go into the total cost. Just asking because is shipping free with the 1000$ + purchase or you have to pay for it if you want to use postal?

14. Bumble_Bee

Bumble_Bee Senior member

Wait, is this is going to be in a different color or really photographed with different technique?

15. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

I always opt for usps as long as this remains a possibility because then I dont have to worry about custom fees. Custom fees are supposed to be about 8.5 percent of the cost where USPS is only 300 sek or about $35.00. So USPS saves you about $50.00 or so depending on how much your shoes cost.

If I remember correctly once you cross the 10,000 sek threshold shipping was free but you were always charged shipping in the initial payment but this was deducted from the final payment.

All this will change fairly shortly with their U.S. Store front.

16. nickrut

nickrut Senior member

The burnhams are fantastic. Hard to get a gmto due to the price though.

17. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Oh yea I totally agree & know all that was just wondering that shipping is not free with usps if you choose to buy 1000$ G&G shoes?

18. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

I have gotten gotten with Stcrispin tax it's not fun but was more curious that's why I asked regardless not a big deal or issue

19. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

I've actually been very fortunate in that I have yet to pay any custom fees to this point. But then again my St Crispins were purchased awhile ago as where a few others through US retailers and of course those fees where just included in the overall cost.

20. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

I have few pairs of stcrispin coming in through soak and I know 100% I will get hit with customs & well prepared for that.