1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, e

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Apr 7, 2011.

1. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

I really really prefer the Walkton over the Isham but I have no kudu & if it's not going to happen then I will pick up Isham.

2. mw313

mw313 Senior member

Yea I have the:

grey St James
    kudu Thorper
    working on a pair of St Crispins now on a custom last through Gabriel and Patrik
    deciding on the kudu Isham
    waiting on news from leaves if the Walkton can go through or not
    bespoke shoes that are almost finished and I have to pick up (and make the final (large) payment) in the next few weeks

So there is quite a bit at once that is why I am deep in thought about the Isham.

3. mw313

mw313 Senior member

Yea I know what you mean. Did you deposit for the Isham yet or are you waiting to hear on the Walkton too? Would you get both if you already deposit the Isham and then the Walkton becomes available?

4. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

If I get these two G&G my G&G count will be over verses my other brand new shoes so far I have kept them at equal playing ground.

5. mw313

mw313 Senior member

I like GG more than all the other shoe brands right now so I'm on my way to that too. There is no problem there. I've cut back on EG due to the price changes and choice of only one last (202) and limited styles without a huge single MTO cost.

With GG I can try multiple lasts because they make sure that they can make my size for me without charging me extra, which I really appreciate. And they still allow GMTO.

I'm trying St C too so if that works out I'll probably just stick with GG, St C and of course EB for the variety that they offer of MTO for a great price, while having a last just for me. And since each have their own style, I get even more variety.

Now I just have to see how worth it this bespoke pair was, when I get to pick it up soon.

6. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

So whicht models do you have in G&G so far?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  7. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Very very nice man I will have to agree with you G&G is hands down one of my favorites right next to Stcrisp. EG is good I wil pick up few Galway because they look nice & match my style but I am down. Sticking to G&G & Stcrispin & EB & Vass :D

8. mw313

mw313 Senior member

Multiple st James and a vintage Rioja Canterbury on DG70. Plus kudu Thorpe on the way.

9. mw313

mw313 Senior member

Same here minus Vass just because we didn't have a chance to work out a custom last for me yet. I hoed back because it can be tough for them to make me one just off of some measurements and not doing trial shoes of they don't see me in person. I'm too far off the scale otherwise.

10. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

No that makes sense in your case but if you do go,to Budapest or get a chance give them a try hand made $ quality ratio is on par with top dogs.

11. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Sounds like you have many great make ups to come.

I personally like EG a lot more than G£G but I can certainly understand where your coming from.

12. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Kudu order & paid :)

13. pwc008

pwc008 Active Member

I am thinking about the Sinatra in black. Generally, I am a US 10D, though occasionally a U.S. 10.5 (as in AE Clifton, Hancock and Weybridge). In the Alden made BB cordovan derby, I am a U.S. 10D and in the BB unlined cordovan loafer, a U.S. 9.5D. In C&J, I am a UK 9E, except for the Chelsea Boot 3, in which I had to go to a UK 9.5E.

Would I take a UK 9 or 9.5 in the Sinatra?

14. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Have Sinatra on the way also go with half size down bud.

15. Easily Amused

Easily Amused Senior member

Greetings! Since there's interest for Gaziano and Girling Walktons in rosewood kudu and vintage cherry, I thought I'd share some "in-the-wild" pics of my Walktons (from the Paul Stuart line) as a point of reference. They are Chestnut Pin and Vintage Cherry color, TG-73 last, size 12E. Hopefully these upload properly. I took these photos when I just got them, about a month ago.

I love that these spectators are actually versatile with dress pants, khakis, and jeans, and that they go with clothing from any season. I'm on the fence about the proposed kudu/cherry walktons, but if it happens, it seems like I have a few days to decide…

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

17. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Those do look very nice

18. nickrut

nickrut Senior member

I'd say if you have kudu Thorpe, no need for kudu Isham. But that's just me.

Are the bespoke ones through GG?

19. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

So you should not buy the other kudu? I am bummed because it's same dam color

20. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

This is a different shade or color than the previous batches.

Whether you buy two shoes or boots in Kudu is more or less up to you.

Personally I am getting two, but then again they are in different shades and two entirely different configurations.

Personally I would have more reluctance to get one in the Isham and Thorpe because how alike that boot is when compared to the Isham.

I think the ST James II in Tan Kudu and Cedar Calf and the Isham in all Kudu will be different enough, or at least that is what I am telling myself.

Your mileage may vary.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015